Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mickg said:
I know your frustrated but ....

Why are you bashing kia's warranty and service department so much ?

The £85 is payable if it's a non warranty job but non payable if it is which is pretty much the standard across the industry , which most dealers waver but even so they will still read of the £85 warning sheet

Also of course your warranty on the engine + ancilliaries are voided as your original servicing garage put an litters worth of oil to much in , why would this kia dealer take the other servvicing garage mistake on the chin and fix it plus future failures that can be attributed to this ? Then fix for free under warranty

I Realy think you need to take your frustration out on the original servicing garages who screwed up ! This is their problem not the kia dealer it is in now.

I know this might sound argumentative and blunt but it is what it is , nothing to do with kia dealer (if i understand the situation)its at you got them involved as a middle man
Thanks for your help on this.
sorry if I offended you or if I am being too harsh on Kia dealer. I just tried to explain my experience to some of the questions asked by fellow forum members.

I believe every dealer has their own way of charges setup, as I was told at this Kia dealer, £85+ per hour is their diagnostic fee. which must be paid regardless the warranty claim is valid or not, which surprised me. I have no problem paying for diagnostic fee as long the issue is not warranty related. Not sure if this is standard across all Kia dealers.

Our 2nd car Qashqai (bought car from Non-Nissan dealer), which is still under warranty and I go to my local Nissan dealer, I had start stop problem and two other unrelated faults occurred later, on three occasions, I was offered courtesy car, was not asked to pay any diagnostic fee for a valid warrant claim and on all occasions the work was done under warranty. but yes, they did say, if issue is not covered under warranty, I ll be paying charges, to which I said ok no problem. since then I go to same Nissan dealer for services etc. and found them very helpful & friendly. I know this is irrelevant to this incident, but its just my experience at different places. obviously other people may have different experience at different places, like you may have great experience at your Kia dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Folks Many thanks for your helps and kind support on this.This is Kia report:
We have now carried out an inspection into the Kia Rio running rough and engine oil level being high.

We have found that fault code P0520 neutral switch malfunction is currently active. We have then checked the data stream and found that the EGR operation is incorrect and airflow reading are incorrect.
We believed the EGR cooler has now been blocked due to oil blow by. The injector leak back has been checked and that is ok, and the rpms are balanced.

The repair we recommend having carried out from our experience is to have the EGR valve and EGR cooler replaced as well as a software update and a forced DPF regeneration run.

The price for this is £1313.40 including parts labour and VAT.

We have since drained the engine oil which we have found is approximately 1 litre over filled.

Until we have removed the EGR valve and cooler we will not be able to guarantee that this is the full extent of the damage caused.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Has the OP started the rejection process yet? The clock is ticking, once out of the first month it gets far more difficult and costs will be incurred.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Personally I would be rejecting the car ASAP on that report. Providing you are still within the first 30 days since purchasing the vehicle, I'd take a copy of that report along with an accompanying a letter of rejection back to the seller and dropping the car like a hot potato.If you have gone beyond the 30 day period you have to give the seller one opportunity to resolve any issues the car has before you have the right to reject the car.
garynic2 posted a comprehensive guide in this forum on how to go about this process.
Here's a link to that post:http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/rejecting-a-car_topic29409.html

Edited by: Gary0679

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes, I m rejecting the car. Isn't this correct if 30 days period is paused once I reported the issue to dealer. As I was rejecting the car on 29th and he was saying wait until I have the report and if they know what's the issue. I bought car on 1st Jan. That means I had until 30th Jan to reject the car..

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you have something in writing that it is your intent to reject the car dated 29th January then yes... Otherwise it's your word against the sellers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes Gary, I texted him on 30th and I told him I may reject the car due to issues reported by Kia diagnostic as car is not fit for purpose. But he keep saying first let us see the report...

·
Registered
552 Posts
A text message on January 30th saying "I may reject the car" isn't a rejection. Hopefully you have a text message back from the seller stating that he would take the car back and refund you in full if the report shows that the car is not fit for purpose?If not, your out of the 30 day initial return period.
I'm not saying this to be obtuse or to cause offence... I'm looking at it from the legal point of view.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Some days ago I told you to go on the Which? website where there is info on rejecting a car.

It has to be done correctly otherwise you will loose any case. Normally you would sent a letter to the boss at the garage by registered mail which give you proof they have received your rejection.

Sending them a text informing them you are thinking about rejecting the car does not put the process into pause mode and you have no proof that the garage actually received or read the text. The pause as you say is to stop the dealer employing delaying tactics but you still have to correctly reject the car before the 30th day.

You have now lost the right for a 30 day rejection. You now have to give the seller one attempt to sort the car before you can reject it. Any subsequent rejection will cost you money.

But did you really buy a car on new years day?

Edited by: Acenta

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I texted and he kept repeatedly texting back stating "wait for report first, we can do nothing until I have report to look at" so not sure how he can deny he did not read the texts!
Btw, yes I bought the car on NY day! Edited by: gss121

·
Registered
240 Posts
gss121 said:
I texted and he kept repeatedly texting back stating "wait for report first, we can do nothing until I have report to look at" so not sure how he can deny he did not read the texts!
Btw, yes I bought the car on NY day!

By listening to this nonsene the guy you bought the car from has made it impossible for you to reject the car and you have helped him by listening to him.

You needed to correctly reject the car correctly before the 30th day, you haven't so now you will have to let him repair it or rely on his goodwill to give you a refund. The law is on his side unless the car becomes faulty again after repair.

·
Registered
240 Posts
gss121 said:
Isn't there is clause in law which is to prevent exactly same scenario?
https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/new-laws-give-car-buyers-extra-protection/
Your 30 days is paused while a fault is investigated and repaired. This is to stop a dealer taking 31 days to investigate a fault and then decline to refund or repair because it's outside the legal window

But you still have to officially reject the car with 30 days to start the pause process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi Folks,So for dealer is keep saying only one thing, he is investigating and cant do anything until completes his investigation. and now he has stopped answering my phone, texts and emails. I asked if he can exchange for another car: no answer. if he can borrow me another car until he finishes investigation: no reply. I asked what further investigation he doing: No reply.
for all my questions, I only get reply back he is investigating, nothing else.

I am currently renting cheapest car I can get which costing me £100+ for five days, not sure for how long this going to run. we wont be able to manage this unexpected bill for long. Train/bus option takes two extra hours one way and costing more than hired car and also, drop and pick kids from nursery.

I went to Kia dealer to take my belongings\shopping left in car. Kia services told me they have came to know from last service record (printed on bill), they poured in 5.3L of engine oil instead of 4.8L, and may have put little more for 'just in case'. this explains why there is aprx 1L of extra oil.
Kia services were positive that the other dealer cannot say you poured in more oil yourself as the evidence is already there. so he said if dealer wont listen or not replying back, I may have to repair the car at my own expense and then sue the dealer through courts and recover the costs later.
either way this is going to cost us a lots more in hired cars, repairs and then solicitors and it ll bring unnecessary mental stress.

I'll send letter to the dealer and he still has 14 days to reply or give refund. but in that time I will have to pay for hired car, taxis etc. if dealer agrees to repair or refund "eventually", say after three weeks, can I claim for hired car costs?
if he does not reply at all, apparently I ll be pursuing the matter through available legal channels.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Can't you seek legal advice from a solicitor under the free legal advice scheme, where you are entitled to half an hour. This dealer appears to be talking you for a ride in your car.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
You will not be able to reclaim costs of alternative transport. The best outcome would put you back in the same position you were before you bought the car. You get the money back, and have no car, just like you were before you bought it - had you not bought the car you would have anyway had the transport problem.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts