Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my rio decided the other morning t to go in gear when I started the engine, I can get it in gear without the engine on.
Funny thing is when I return from home it works fine, it's like the car warms up during the day, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Why do you want to put it gear before starting? The syncromesh won't be working properly if the engine isn't running, so will not engage gears as easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you want to put it gear before starting? The syncromesh won't be working properly if the engine isn't running, so will not engage gears as easily.
I don't want to put it in gear before I start engine, I started car and it won't engage, I turned off and tried putting it in gear that worked... all this was in the morning time.
I come home from work around 4 pm started car and all gears work.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Check the oil level, it's free to do. Lo level can cause this issue. New oil can often help too.

Is the clutch fork moving full travel, slave cylinder stroke should be about 15mm, the correct spec may be in the ws manual.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
I don't want to put it in gear before I start engine, I started car and it won't engage, I turned off and tried putting it in gear that worked... all this was in the morning time.
I come home from work around 4 pm started car and all gears work.
My apologies, I did not understand your first post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.