Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently just bought a kia rio model 1 in the UK. Was just wondering if it standard for just regualar
central locking (not remote) as at the moment to lock all doors i must
press all lock buttons on every door inside. Is this right? help
please!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I don't have remote locking on my 2006 Rio but the key locks all the doors with one turn in the driver or passenger door. On the inside if I lock the drivers door from the inside all doors lock at same time.
Oh aye welcome to the nut hoose Matt
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok thanks for the advice! Phoned up the dealership and asked and said that the Rio1 doesnt have central locking. Bit of a let down as they assured me it did!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you able to complain (i.e. miss guided information), perhaps they might 'do something'? It seems unfair that you were told something by someone who hadn't been experienced/ kowledable at the time of purchase?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bl**dy miserable not fitting central locking on all models. ITS THE 21 CENTURY WE LIVE IN MR KIA. GET A GRIP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could complain but it would be my word against theirs and doubt they would do anything, what could they do anyway? :(

I know for a 8-9 grand car, it doesnt even come with central locking! Terrible!

·
Registered
16 Posts
did you not notice when you pick the car up or on a pre purchase road test or even in the information booklet on the rio if you was misled then i have a right the only other option is you can have it fitted kia do a upgrade kit aswell so that can be something to look at ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope it looks just like the other models i believe, and in the booklet for the specifications it just has a blank on for the rio 1 under remote central locking. Doesnt mention any other locking system for the rio1. Is there definately a kit for it?

·
Registered
662 Posts
sad but true all manufacturers do these entry models they make them as cheap as possible so they can then advertise the model from £**** this makes the car look more attractive on paper some makers of Germancars only import 3 or 4 carswith this low spec as they know that customers will not want to buy thebase car because the spec is so poor, sometime these cars are only available in 1 colour usually with steel wheels budget tyres no radio wind up windows no airbags no anti-lock brakes 1 years fullwarranty with a 2 year extended lesser coveretc

these cars also weigh less so they are the ones that get put forward for emission's testing then they will submit the highest spec car for crash testing, press road tests etc

its a wicked worldso read the vehicle spec before you sign on the dotted line

1 - 10 of 10 Posts