Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone, i have a 2010 kia rio 1 1.4 petrol that has done 13,000 miles, i was doing my routine checks and noticed mayo and water in my oil and thick mayo under the engine oil cap, took it to the dealers who say it has low compresion on all cylinders and a cracked cylinder head.......which must have been a manufacturing fault to go so soon, im not impressed at all.....along with the fact the dealer said i couldnt have a courtesy car for 2 weeks..........so ive complained to kia customer services who are trying to resolve the problem.........i wish id never laid eyes on the car to be honest, the 7 year warranty swung it for me......i think the paint work is very prone to scratching as well.....very cheap and nasty................anyone else had any problems or am i just unlucky.com.....< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Paul your car will be fixed under warranty surely. After that it will be as good as new. These things happen not just Kia but any make. Is that the only problem you've had with it ?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,227 Posts
7 years warranty is good but to be without a car for 2 weeks is not good. I hope Kia sort out a loan car for you soon.
Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads...........the other problem i had was when i took it in for its first service and my front tyres were badly worn one side, only done 8000 miles so i had to have the tracking done...........it can't have been right in the first place is what im thinking...........if it wasn't for the 7 year warranty i wouldn't have got a kia...............its just like having my legs cut off not having a car.......the dealers have been rubbish too i had to call them to get an update..........and not heard anything else since..< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
result............kia customer services called me yesterday and are getting me a hire car out this afternoon..........just got to pay a £50 fuel deposit..............so at least im mobile whilst i wait for my car to be repaired, if the cylinder head is beyond repair, does that mean a new engine??

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Paul, the tracking is only under warranty for 30 days or the first 500 miles. Make sure you get a full 4 wheel traking done to make sure the back is set up right too. Kia are notorious for selling cars without making sure the tracking is set up right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info........still waiting for a call from the kia garage, i want to know what caused the headgasket,cylinder head crack..........not for them just to fix it, cos it could happen again if they have not found the fault........friggin mechanics............i got a hire car from kia, its a 61 plate vauxhall astra 1.4..... looks nice and the interior is like the star ship enterprise but its a crap ride, talk about sluggish, it has no va va voom< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got car back from kia yesterday, they said they couldn't find the reason why the head gasket failed.....but it did and all they did was replace the gasket, shouldn't they have skimmed the head? or can they check if its ok?< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with compression being low on all cylinders they thought it had, obviously it was ok......as they only replaced the damaged gasket.........the service lady said they had worked on it loads and couldn't find anything wrong other than the failed gasket which i suppose could be true as i was driving it and i wouldn't have noticed anything wrong if i had not checked the oil......so it can't have been major........so i suppose its a suck it and see.........< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will mate, will check it regular.......wont be impressed if it pops again, it needs to last another year before i can trade in......im may go picanto.....when i got my rio 1 they were just over 7 grand now the new ones are over 9 grand why for? < ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

1 - 12 of 12 Posts