Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Kia Rio 2005, 55 reg (new shape) 1.4cc petrol. Every now and then the engine doesn't fire up, it cranks over fine but does not start. I have changed the spark plugs but fault still occurs every now and then. Ok for a few days then it doesn't fire up, after a few turns of the key it starts, then back to being ok for a few days again. I have also swopped key for spare, same fault. Please help??????<BR itxt="1">

·
Registered
32 Posts
could be the immobiliser unit not picking up the keys either via the antenna around the ignition barrel of the actual immo unit itself, a kia dealer should be able to plug in diagnostics and pick up a fault code if it is the immo system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I have noticed that when it won't start the immobiser light (car symbol with key in it) isn't lit, then when I try again the light is on and it starts. I have put a code reader on it and it has come up with p1693 Mil Circuit Malfunction. I have read that it could be as you said immobiliser problem but others have also suggested that it could be the Crank Shaft Position Sensor.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought and fitted the immobilser pick up ring that goes around the ignition barrel (Antenna) and so far so good, starts everytime.

Thats for all the info chaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts