Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my eNiro now for 6 months. When I was first looking in to electric cars, it was advised that to maintain the health of the battery then you should charge the car when it gets down to near 20% charge and only charge up to 80% full capacity (under normal day to day usage). Is this still the case, especially for the eNiro?

Because of the UK electric tariff I'm on, I get cheaper electric for 4 hours during the night, so a charging cycle doesn't get from 20% up to 80%, its more like 20% to 65%. Should I charge it the next night too so that it reaches the full 80%?

Thanks for any advice.

Graham

Registered
In my case, most of the time I will charge to 100%, although my situation is probably different to yours.

Mine is a lease car, so I'm less concerned about the long term health of the battery, and I can sometimes get free power at work (if a charger is available).

At home, I will soon be on a similar tariff to you (cheap for 5 hrs in my case), and I'm time it to start at midnight (when off peak starts), but not set an end time.

Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro 4
The recommendation is to charge to 100% once a month to balance the cells in the battery. Normally charge to 80%, the last 20% of charge takes longer so if on a journey it's overall quicker to move on at 80% and charge again when required. At present I suspect most of us are doing very little mileage, so mine is getting charge once a month to 100% with the proviso to not leave it unused for days at 100%, the battery doesn't like it. Charged mine today and it's showing 324 miles on the GOM ready for a trip tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.