Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i am a new member to these forums.

Okay so i have a 1.4diesel engine proceed 2015 and i am going to lower the car by lowering springs, now since i am a newbie i cant figure out exactly how i can access the front shocks from the bonnet, well i know their location but there is plastic on top of the bolts and i have no idea how i can get rid of it. Can anyone please help me maybe tell me how to do it or maybe if there is any repair manual and if there is does it tell such things. Thanks.

https://www.google.com.mt/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=980&bih=625&q=kia+proceed+2015+1.4diesel+engine+bat&oq=kia+proceed+2015+1.4diesel+engine+bat&gs_l=img.3...1872.12144.0.12481.49.18.0.31.0.0.162.1877.10j8.18.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.17.1777...0j0i10k1j0i10i30k1j0i8i10i30k1.VjA2fDzvBlw#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=kia+proceed+2015+engine+bay+diesel&imgrc=gnHk_t95n5knbM%3A

This link above is not my engine bay but sort of the same layout and there is the black plastic that i need to get rid of in the top lef corner and the right side cannot be seen. Sorry for not using the bb codes because i dont know how to. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My best advice to you would be don't bother.
My second best advice if you really insist on lowering your 1.4 diesel cee'd would be take it to a garage to have the springs installed professionally as clearly you don't have the knowledge or experience. .

You need specific tools when changing springs and if you don't have these the job will be nye on impossible and dangerous if you get it wrong.

I could reel a list of things you need to do but it's pointless, take it to a professional.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
When I fitted my strut brace I used a socket set to undo the bolts, cannot at the minute think what size but it done the job.

Davy

·
Registered
708 Posts
If its under warranty to keep it that way it has to be done properly Kia will already have lowering springs approved for use and since the pro ceed sits lower anyway you'll likely end up with problems and may need a steering limiter kit and rear camber adjustment bolts to correct the alugnment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts