Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Proceed GT 1.6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, really quick query about the DCT trans and EPB. Throughout my googling I've only managed to find Indalo's comments regarding this, so just wanted some clarification.

Fingers crossed I'm picking up my Proceed GT next week, and I've only even driven manuals. If I'm stopped in traffic, and wanted to not dazzle other road users, in a manual car I was taught to pop on the handbrake and take my foot off of the foot brake.

How would this work in an auto (specifically the DCT)? If I took my foot off the foot brake, would the car try and creep and be held back by the EPB? Or is the system smart enough to recognise that the car is stopped and so will disconnect the clutches whilst under the EPB/Auto Hold?

I appreciate this may have an obvious answer, I'm just hesitant as I don't want to sit in traffic slipping the clutch with the EPB on and destroy my new car's gearbox!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Proceed GT 1.6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone who may stumble on this; with auto hold enabled, the car will NOT try and engage the clutches until you press the accelerator. In fact, if you have start/stop enabled, the car will not turn the engine back on until you press the accelerator.

If you have auto hold turned off, it will creep like a normal auto will.

Now to try and find if you can keep auto hold turned on by default rather than having to press it every time...

·
Registered
2019 Proceed GT 1.6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not so. The engine will restart at a point when the electronic gadgetry decides to recharge the diminished battery back up a level appropriate for further use. It is particularly noticeable with climate control doing its work.

Have you never been stopped at, say, temporary traffic lights with a long delay on red? I go through a stretch that is time-controlled by temporary (2 years now!) lights quite frequently and my DCT system often, but not always, decides to restart the engine at a point of its choosing. Whenever the ISS becomes a nuisance, I press the off button.
Yeah that's right, it was the same on my manual sportswagon - I was more meaning for the autohold and clutch stuff that the clutches DEFINITELY aren't engaged when autohold is on, even when your foot is off the brake, because the engine isn't even turning over :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.