Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Proceed CD GT Line 1.4 T GDI
107 Posts
The trays can be removed (central portion) I've not tried with those smaller cubbies at the side.
However there is no advantage to be gained by removing them.
The boot covering/carpetting does not lower any further.
You'd have to remove the whole of the 'platform' to gain any height, and that just leaves you with a bare wheel well and no ability to place anything on top safely/securely.
The trays lose about 3 inches in height in total.
Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for your response, how do you feel about the boot in general? How does it handle family weekends away for example.
I did two separate journeys to Limerick to move my two eldest into college accomodation (all in over 700km travelling - return journeys were load free). I had the tonneau cover stored under the floor so that I could pile it all as high as possible, that was including 2 boxed medium sized PCs (1 per journey), a load of vacuum packed clothing/bedding, kitchen utensils, swing bin and various things that could get stuffed in nooks and crannies. I used to have a 2011 Ceed SW, I reckon I could have (at a squeeze) made one journey and fitted all in for taking both kids to college at one go..

I also use those Xlarge 'Sports Direct' bags (29"x21") and you can fit at least 3 of those in the rear without removing the cover.

I also can fit in 5 army camp beds and a very large Vango (4 room/chamber) tent and soft bags with kit (and a 65L rucksack) if we're off camping.
It's certainly not as practical as the older 2011 SW version, despite the volume being close.
My main draw is that it still allows me to transport my (road) bike inside, front wheel off, and the back seats down. Plenty of room for extra kit, change bag etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I do like this picture, wonder if this spare would fit the proceed?
my MY2019 Proceed GT Line has a (space saver) spare 125/80 16. The floor pan is the same size as the SW, just the extra height gives you more space in the SW. You could have a full size spare, just wouldn't be able to have the load trays/floor in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tire gunk = tire compound, right?
What's to like or not to like about the compound of a spare tire?
It should not dry out too fast, but since there's no UV light, wetness en drying or big temprature changes. It wont dry out as fast, as the tires on the outside.

Not sure which brand tire i've got, but since the irish Kia factory tire is Maxxis. Mine will be as well. Maxxis is a known offroad tire brand. So i have good expactations, based on the brand.

They're proud enough to mention the tires on their site: Maxxis Compact tires
No, tyre gunk = the aerosol tyre sealant used instead of having a spare tyre.
I've never used any except in tubeless bike tyres so I can't comment on its merits versus a spare (space saver)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts