Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the duplicate of this in the main message area.

Hi all.

Could someone help me out please? Two things really, firstly is there a Haynes manual or similar available for the proceed?

Secondly I want to fit a few dial/instrument gauges to the dashboard, namely a Oil Temp, Water Temp and Turbo Boost instruments. I can fit the Temp gauges ok but I am a bit puzzled with the Boost gauge. Where the airflow pipe leaves the air cooler (intercooler) and rises vertically it then joins a flexible black woven pipe about four or five inches in diameter. Just where the metal section joins the flexi there is a sensor in the metal section... is this the boost vacuum sensor? I think I can take a feed off this sensor and to my boost gauge but I am not sure that it is a sensor. Does anyone know?

Timbo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Timbo, i haven't looked at the plumbing on my pro but usually the turbo gauge is fedwith pressurized air from t'ing into the small pipe that runs from the turbo to the wastegate.
Here's a couple of pic's from when i installed a boost gauge on my old Pajero, hopefully it will help you to identify what you need to use on your pro.

As a matter of interest how and where are you going to fit the extra gauges?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi goldfish, thanks for the images and your information. Firstly I am sure that the sensor I am looking at is the right one but just need confirmation. I'll take some pics as it's a bit difficult to describe.

Regarding where the dials will be placed... I was thinking replacing the sunglasses holder front panel, the one when its folded down, and replacing it with a matt black plastic facia and setting the dials in that. That way it can be folded away. This leaves the problem of how to get the wires up to the roof liner without disturbing the air bag curtains. I'll take some pics of where I mean and post them. I am not sure if I can get dials that are shallow enough to fit the space but let's see.

pics to follow.

Timbo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts