Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, advice needed please. I bought the Kia yesterday. Not long after I pulled away from the seller the car began vibrating but after 5 minutes or so it stopped and all seemed ok for a while. Then a tinny tinkling sound began from what seemed like around the steering column area. Then the juddering started again and when I braked to pull into my drive it seemed to judder/vibrate quite badly. However,I went to work in it today and on the way it didn't judder at all and came to a stop ok when I parked up. But on the way home it was fine at first but then the juddering started and again got quite bad when I braked to pull into the drive. The judder seems to originate from the o/s front wheel and shakes the whole cabin. Thank you

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Joy. Not entirely certain what that might be, anything from a loosely fitted alloy wheel to a loose break pad to goodness knows, but I'd suggest getting back to the dealer ASAP. An 8 year old car shouldn't be behaving like that and anything supplied by a dealer should be fit for purpose and in reasonable conditio . Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for your replies Rob & Oliver. I contacted the dealer who asked me to take the car into a local garage and to let him know what they say. I live about an hour from the dealer so I thought I would do that. But I must say I'm feeling pretty stressed about it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That sounds like a good start Joy. It seems as if they want to get it sorted, and the offer of having another garage look at it is a real show of good faith on their part. With luck, you'll have it sorted in no time. Keep us all posted. It'll be interesting to know what the fault is too.
Most of all, try not to stress too much
it'll all be OK in the end and if it's not ok, it's not the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah thank you so much, very glad you're out there. I'll take the car to a garage tomorrow, I left it home today. Wish I hadn't Sorned my old car now! I will let you know what happens. Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
took the car to the garage today. please bear with me, I'm not mechanical. The juddering was the seizing of the brake caliper causing the breaking system to overheat and warped the disc.

The front caliper was stripped down, the piston polished,and the seal regreased. I needed a new disc and a new set of pads.

Thankfully, that has cured the juddering

The rattling coming from the back (not sure if I mentioned that in my original post) was caused by rubber bushes being required for the rear anti-roll bar.

I'm feeling a lot more positive now as I was afraid that I'd bought a lot of trouble!

Thanks again for your replies and interest, it helped.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just pleased you got it sorted. There's nothing worse than someone getting shafted by a dealer. But as this shows, there are good ones out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts