Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys,

Posting this here as I posted in the Pro ceed area before but wanted to share this with other makes / models too.

I am sure that this guide in the most part will apply for other models that use the 2.0 crdi engine, but I think the location of the fuel filter will be different.

before you start make sure you have a good quality fuel filter either from Kia or a good brand like Mann, Bosch etc. also buy a litre or 2 of diesel in a fuel can.

tools needed: 10mm socket, 12mm deep socket, have some screwdrivers handy too.

1. remove the air pipe that goes from air filter box to turbo, there is a jubilee type clip that goes on either end unscrew this with a 10mm socket until the pipe can be pulled off

2. holding the fuel filter to the bulk head is 4 nuts, use a 12mm deep socket to unscrew all of these

3. unclip 3 electrical connectors to the fuel filter housing.

4. unclip 2 diesel pipes to the fuel filter housing, these have clips in the side of them that need pushing in to release them.

5. you should now be able to pull the fuel filter with housing out of the engine bay

6. now remove 2 bolts that hold the fuel filter housing to the fuel filter

7. you can now remove the fuel filter by holding the top of the housing in one hand and the fuel filter in the other and twist very hard, would be better to use a vice / fuel filter wrench if you have one.

8. before putting new fuel filter in, fill it with diesel

9. fitting is the reverse of removal, sorry but it really is, I think if you've managed to get this far you would be fine putting it back. the engine from what I can see is self priming, there is no manual hand prime pump so just turn the key without starting 3-5 times and give it 5 secs each time until you hear the fuel pump stop turning.

mine fired first time using this method and didn't run rough.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I did think that at the time, unfortunately when I did it I never took any.

When / if I ever do it again ill be sure to get some pictures, but if anybody is stuck with it then give me a shout happy to help / offer advice.

·
Registered
973 Posts
yea I did think that at the time, unfortunately when I did it I never took any.

When / if I ever do it again ill be sure to get some pictures, but if anybody is stuck with it then give me a shout happy to help / offer advice.
I know what you mean. When you are doing the job you just want to finish it, and the photos don't seem a priority at the time.
Having another person present to take photos always helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.