Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v have just purchased a P Reg Kia Pride, has anyone owned one and are there any problems to watch out for?, also what is the petrol consumption like on a long jurney?.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have never owned one but a neebor of mine had 2 and he loved them. A bit dated now and not so many about up my way now. I would think they would be pretty good on the fuel.
All the best and welcome to our little world.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Davy, I'm checking the fuel consumption against the mileage so that should give me a rough idea but otherwise it a great lovely car and suits me 2 a tee.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Jackie, My ex wife had a pride bought it new and she loved it. We got around 50mpg on a run and around 35 to 40 around the doors. We ran it for a few years and it gave us no bother apart from the fuel filter which needed replacing make sure this is done every service and you wont have any problems I am sure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you'r far out with the MPG around town but as yet I haven't done a long run yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jackie i have a p reg kia pride lx too and i drive alot init and i have never had any problems with it touch wood. also i drove 220 mile init in one trip takes me about 4 hrs and it only cost me half a tank of fuel (£20). hope you love your kia pride as much as i do :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Kia Pride, so far I'v had no problems with my Kia Pride, she runs like a dream but as yet I haven't done any long trips yet but expect I shall at some time. At present I'm doing around 80 miles on £10 quids worth of fuel which I put in once a week and thats around town.

Did you know that Second hand Kia's are in the top ten most reliable cars!

Jackie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Kia Pride was actually my first car. I bought it years back, I think '96 or '97, 'can't remember the exact year. :) I had it for years and I have been very satisfied. It is really ideal for ladies who want a smaller car and for city driving. The gas consumption was very minimal and I didn't get any engine problem for years. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am from Canada and need to purchase Kia Pride parts. Would anyone know if there is any online resource with Pride pdf schematics with Kia part numbers? Alternatively, is there any parts department email addresses that are willing to deal with a part request from Canada? I have already emailed three dealerships and only received silence in return.

One important part that I require, is the black rubber boot that is located at the bottom of the manual shift lever. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most of you know that the Kia Pride was originally a Mazda 121 but did you know that it was also the Ford Festiva ! It was not sold in the UK due to Mazda kicking up a fuss about competition(even though they were built on the same production line.) but there are a few around due to grey imports. When Mazda bought out the new 121 the jigs were sold to Kia and the rest is history. Oddly enough, the Mazda/Ford tie up reappeared with the next 121/Fiesta Mk 4, A class above the market the Pride was now aimed at. Our local dealer says he still has over 100 Prides on his books in the West Sussex area that still come in for servicing. there may be even more that have slipped the net. I remember the early ones having white wall tyres and being regular prizes on the TV Game shows ! especially 321 with Ted Rogers ! All in all they were a great little car but sadly overlooked by the mainstream models.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bought one new and ran it for 4 years with no problems whatsoever.I wish my current kia was as well built. On mpg it did just under 50 constantly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia Pride parts.

I'm clearing out my shed and have got a Kia Pride new front wheel bearing (2 bearings, 2 oil seals and a hub nut) in a sealed package. Any use to anyone? Collect from Bedford free of charge.

I've also got half-a-dozen Suzuki 13" wheels. They fit directly onto Kia Prides. I was running them with 165/70/13 tyres with no problems. If you've tried to buy 12" tyres lately, you'll appreciate the sense of fitting 13" wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts