Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My wife as a 57 plate 1.1 automatic. its developed a large oil leak what seems to be at the side of the gear box. its black oil so i know its engine oil just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue there is like a small hole where its coming out of at the bottom of the engine ( between the engine block and gear box ) the car has been solid until now. regular servicing e.c.t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it a big job? With the car not been that valuable im going to do this my self. I work for a KwikFit so have knowledge of an engine but we dont deal with anything as drastic as this
Anyone replaced one before? Any videos haha

·
Registered
165 Posts
is it a big job? With the car not been that valuable im going to do this my self. I work for a KwikFit so have knowledge of an engine but we dont deal with anything as drastic as this
Anyone replaced one before? Any videos haha
First you need to be certain it is the crankshaft seal, could be the cam cover seal leaking & running down the engine?

If it is the crankshaft seal its probably a drive shaft, gearbox, torque converter, flywheel will need removing. Yes a big job :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
yep have heard people get good results using these kind of products rejuvinates the rubber in the seal ,good luck hope this works for you keep us updated .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts