Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi if your immobiliser chip brakes in your key while you are driving will the immobiliser make the car a Kia picanto 2005 cut out and stop

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't think so, it would be a potentially hazardous scenario. Also very unlikely to be the chip that 'breaks'

When testing my daughters picanto for a recent issue I unplugged the immobiliser antenna and the car kept running.

Years ago I used to use a bare cut key to start my company car to de ice (not recommended nowadays) but I had to hold the correct key to the column for it to start, once removed the car kept running.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi if your immobiliser chip brakes in your key while you are driving will the immobiliser make the car a Kia picanto 2005 cut out and stop
I don't think so, it would be a potentially hazardous scenario. Also very unlikely to be the chip that 'breaks'

When testing my daughters picanto for a recent issue I unplugged the immobiliser antenna and the car kept running.

Years ago I used to use a bare cut key to start my company car to de ice (not recommended nowadays) but I had to hold the correct key to the column for it to start, once removed the car

hi is there any way to discount the immobiliser so I can start and drive with out it

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is, but a public forum isn't the place to publish the information for obvious reasons, best to get it recovered to a decent garage or call a mobile auto electrician.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, no I'm not a mechanic.

It wont be easy to do that would defeat the object of them.

As above a auto electrician or dealer would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi can anyone help i got a 10 plate picanto therez been an electrical problem had it in 3 farages now 2 diagnostic machines and all obvious parts renewed ie Altinater Starting Motor it doesnt have a kia key its a cheap spanish key. But after having lots of electrics tested no one can find it However now the key wont work the door lock but its ok with ignition ? I bought a key shell to try useing the electric to open but now i havent got the original inside to swap into the new shell so the imobiliser will be a problem. Please someone help can i buy 2nd hand lock ignition and barrel . And if i do will it then work or how much is a new key

1 - 12 of 12 Posts