Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I currently own the Kia Picanto GT S model 1L GDI. And I love everything about the car, I am slightly worried about engine noise,I feel these sounds are considerably loud and there seems to be a faint tapping/ticking sound, I have checked all the oils and everything seems fine and no warning lights but even inside the car seems very noisy, sometimes when I turn it on it kinda splutters into action and doesn’t sound very happy and takes about 15 mins of idling to drop below 1000 rpm. Just wondering if this sounds normal or if anyone has had similar issues?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The triple is not the best sounding engine. It is loud.
My 1.0 Turbo (MY22) is variable, sometime sounds reasonably smooth under load , other times more lumpy. Seems to just be the nature of this motor, and probably not helped by not having any counter balance shafts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello! I currently own the Kia Picanto GT S model 1L GDI. And I love everything about the car, I am slightly worried about engine noise,I feel these sounds are considerably loud and there seems to be a faint tapping/ticking sound, I have checked all the oils and everything seems fine and no warning lights but even inside the car seems very noisy, sometimes when I turn it on it kinda splutters into action and doesn’t sound very happy and takes about 15 mins of idling to drop below 1000 rpm. Just wondering if this sounds normal or if anyone has had similar issues?
Just checked mine, a 2021 showing just over 2,000 miles. No noises of the type that you describe and from cold (an ambient today of 15C) settles to an idle of about 900rpm in around 5 minutes.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sounds like your aircon is on all the time, try turning it off and see if it changes anything. I have nearly 20000km on mine and the engine is noisy, but nothing that causes me to be alarmed. The cold idle in my car has normally dropped by the time I have cleaned my teeth and returned to the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts