Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son has a 2019 Kia Picanto GT Line S 1.0 turbo. He needs a new alloy wheel but there are two different ones both the same size and style. The only difference we can see is a nearly £300 price difference.
This is the one the dealers reccomend at £520. Part number. 52910-G6550
This one is around £150. Part number G6F40AK300

Anyone one have any idea of the difference between the two.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Did you mean to post links to products for sale?

That might help people to help you...

Are you definitely comparing exact like for like? Colour, Size, finish (diamond cut vs paint) offset etc?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
298 Posts
Get the part number from your existing wheel?

I guess Kia, will say whichever part number comes up on their system (when you enter your reg/Vin number) is what you need...

Pictures on those links could just be generic, I'd buy the cheaper one if theyd accept returns if the colour didn't match...

Or find a used one on ebay or in breakers yard?

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
The top link is for a Kia main dealer Fish Brothers Swindon. The second link has no stock. I would by from the main dealer, if it does not match you can return it.I would though speak to them before ordering as this wheel may be for base model and not GT line as higher specification models often have different style wheels.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,963 Posts
@Dubs
Hi this is a link for the expensive one. But all the dealers i have spoken to charge £520 for one wheel.
Kia Picanto 2017-Onwards 16" Alloy Wheel - Kia Parts Direct
This is the link for the cheaper on.
Genuine 16" Alloy Wheel - Kia Picanto 2017-2021 | NWG Parts

Nobodys site i have looked at provides a description of the wheels only the size. As for finish etc nobody will tell you that.
Thats why i posted on here to try and find out.
The cheaper wheel is advertised on the website with a list of the vehicles it is supposed to fit. Is your son's car listed here?

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
As @BIRDMAN pointed out the cheaper priced wheel is out of stock. So waht the betting that any new stock will not be at that price.
I guess best bet is the scrap yards or ebay search....

·
Premium Member
68 Picanto GT-Line S, 69 Ceed ISG 2, 1.0TGDi
19 Posts
G6F40AK300 is the part number for mine, as above @BAWITHLOT
These are the accessories on the kia.com website:
If you put your part number into google it comes up with all the places it's for sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know i have seen the one on ebay but its damaged almost as much as the one on the car now which will probably be refurbished. Would buy a new one but don't understand why its £520 for a 17'' Alloy. Especially when the ones for the new Kia Ceed 2022 model are no more than £195 and thats the wheel on the GT Line model. It seems like Picanto GT Line S owners are being ripped off at over 2.5 times the price of the Ceed ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts