Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have had a very good search on the forum but cannot find a single thing relating to my car/problem.
I fused the cabin lights installing a new bulb in the boot, no worries, just a fuse. EXCEPT, I replaced the fuse and cabin lights are all fine but somehow, my central locking and folding door mirrors are now dead, I have replaced the 20amp central locking fuse but nothing, also cannot find any mention of folding mirrors in the lost of fuses, this car is new (to me) so I am a bit clueless, its 20 years since I drove anything other than a van. I KNOW there is a fuse for the folding mirrors but I cannot find it, but why wont the central locking work regardless of the new fuse?? Any help appreciated. Cheers Craig

Super Moderator
It could have taken out the relay.
Note there are 2 fuse boxes. One in the engine bay & one under the dash.

Was the 20A central locking fuse blown?

Have to wonder if shorting the boot bulb has done something to a ecu?

Maybe try disconnecting battery for 30 mins and then reconnect and see if that helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turned out to be a short in the electrics caused by a dodgy bulb, the fuses weren't blown on the central locking, as soon as I found the offending bulb and changed it, mirrors and locking all worked fine again!!! Thank you for taking the trouble to reply it's very much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts