Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could someone please tell me how to change a nearside headlight bulb on a Kia Picanto Gt line s 2018
The fusebox is right behind the headlight there is only just enough room to get the cover of let alone getting my hand in there to get the plug of it has HB3 bulbs fitted
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi could someone please tell me how to change a nearside headlight bulb on a Kia Picanto Gt line s 2018
The fusebox is right behind the headlight there is only just enough room to get the cover of let alone getting my hand in there to get the plug of it has HB3 bulbs fitted
Thanks
Think it is bumper off job -see last reply on this post

·
Registered
594 Posts
Have I got this right, to change a headlamp bulb I have to take the bumper off ??!!

How is stuff like this allowed, headlamps are a safety issue, they should be easy to fix & changing a bulb shouldn't be a difficult and involved job, it should be easy & quck !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just checked the owners manual for my MY21 Picanto GT and it does not mention removing bumper!
However fuse box does restrict access on one side. Maybe you could unbolt fuse box mounting, and see if that has enough wiggle room to assist with access, and / or as "vengablue" suggest unbolt headlamp and try to move slightly forward if bodywork allows.

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
I know this is for a e-nero and relates to putting LED (not legal in uk) in. It does show how to do it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
This is not English language but quite handy to watch.
You don't have to take the whole bumper off, still an almightly faff though. There should be rules over this sort of stuff, manufacturers should have to make this easier.
Anyway hope this helps

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,053 Posts
I've just checked the official Kia service and repair manual regarding the bulb change and it says for the fuse box side to remove the headlight unit by removing the bumper. The other side (washer bottle) the bulb can be change just by removing the dust cap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked the owners manual for my MY21 Picanto GT and it does not mention removing bumper!
However fuse box does restrict access on one side. Maybe you could unbolt fuse box mounting, and see if that has enough wiggle room to assist with access, and / or as "vengablue" suggest unbolt headlamp and try to move slightly forward if bodywork allows.
To unbolt the fusebox is wheel and inner wheel arch removal
It all seems a bit stupid just to change a bulb It is looking like headlight out because there is a indicator bulb below somewhere
This is not English language but quite handy to watch.
You don't have to take the whole bumper off, still an almightly faff though. There should be rules over this sort of stuff, manufacturers should have to make this easier.
Anyway hope this helps
Thanks for the video
Yeah there should be the dealer near me wanted £75 for supply and fit a bulb terrible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts