Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends !
I'm planning to buy Kia Picanto 2018 with 1.25 engine...
upon inspection I came across the ticking kind of sound which happens to be a bit loud...
What would you suggest this noise is all about ?
here is the link for it:

It means a lot to get help on this forum...
Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds normal, fuel injectors firing. :)
Thanks,
That should be so loud? :(
BTW the engine coolant was below the "low" level...
seller says car has been standing for about 8 months...
can the coolant run out so quickly in just a year and some months?
And will Kia service center be able to determine how long the coolant has been below the threshold ?
Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks,
That should be so loud? :( ---Rhythmic ticking sound on your 5 sec clip is the injectors, noise should decrease once warmed up after a cold start.
BTW the engine coolant was below the "low" level.. ---Should not be below min mark.
seller says car has been standing for about 8 months...
can the coolant run out so quickly in just a year and some months? --Should not use much coolant between services, any visible leaks? Is the service book showing a complete service history? If not don't purchase the vehicle, it will cause potential issues with the Kia warranty.
And will Kia service center be able to determine how long the coolant has been below the threshold ? --If its topped up to the full mark with the correct spec & colour coolant, Kia would not be aware.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answer ...
One thing though...
I understand that most likely it's injectors ...
But considering the fact that the coolant is below zero and has probably never been changed ... Can it be that the sound comes from pistons due to overheating and welding?

·
Registered
379 Posts
A 2018 build car would not require a coolant change yet, should only topped up as required or at service interval time.
If you are worried the car has overheated, walk away don't buy it. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.