Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is to all kia owner wannabes dont buy a kia the warrenty is not worth the paper its written on they have just cost me 3 grand for a new exhaust that should still be under warrenty but because i was 2 days and 6 miles over my service they refused to pay .i just sold my car to motorpoint in newport kia carens fy08 onn and will never buy another kia again they can get stuffed

·
Registered
476 Posts
Moral of this story: Make sure you heed the warranty conditions when expecting a warranty to be upheld.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Seems a bit harsh 2 days and 6 miles over the service time and they wont honour the warranty on an exhaust part. I could see the point if it were 2 months and a 1000miles out.

VERY BAD SHOW KIA

Things like this hack people off with Kia. They boast about 7 year warranties and then hum and haw about it when you go to claim it. I personally dont blame the guy for not wanting another Kia.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you get treated like this, you really need to make a song & dance about it. Trading standards, Kia customer services, put pressure on your dealer. Kia have a facebook page get your complaints on there. The thing that any manafacturer dreads is bad press about its products & services, email as many consumer car based magazines etc. In your case I can't see how they got away with it unless of course you let them. Being a few days & miles over your due service date is a ridiculous excuse, you can't always get an appointment at a dealer when you want anyway. Sounds like you had a particularly bad dealer to me, so name & shame on here so no one else gets burned.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts