583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Technology Goggles Logo Brand

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Download the app. Let's you enter the location, country, model and year etc, then nothing..... :rolleyes:
I know, that bit is a little frustrating.
When you see the 2/2 appear at the bottom of the screen, that’s when it starts to download the manual
This is crucial: you must keep the screen unlocked and the app in the foreground: disable auto-lock.
It will then finish downloading.
Took me a few minutes to figure out:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Example:
White Font Screenshot Material property Circle

You hit '+':
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

select your region etc.
Rectangle Parallel Font Circle Number

click next:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Font

choose your vehicle, click next
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Now, when you press OK, it might look like nothing happens, but notice the progress bar at the bottom starts to fill up:
Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Font Vehicle
Gadget Output device Font Communication Device Screenshot

Crucial at this stage: the app must be running in the foreground and the screen must stay unlocked!

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally, you will get this:
Gadget Output device Font Communication Device Screenshot

Click "Go to Main":

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

There you can browse your manual:

Font Rectangle Screenshot Multimedia Logo

You can have more than one car:

Automotive lighting Font Automotive tail & brake light Line Screenshot

You can make one your 'main' car:
Font Material property Vehicle Screenshot Car

Reactions: al_kaholik

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes indeed it would be useful but the list of available models excludes some popular UK models such as the Sportage and so is of no use to me.
Yeah, it seems only new, recently introduced models and very recently facelifted models are present.
If you select North America -> USA, you get the brand new Sportage in there.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
281 Posts
Looked for a Soul EV. Found only MY22. Ours is MY21. so it seems to be as @fenegroni observed, mainly dealing with most recent models.

At first I thought that perhaps the Soul EV wasn't available for download because the OK button didn't seem to start anything, there didn't seem to be any acknowledgement that download had started. Eventually an attempt at pushing OK resulted in a 1/2 appearing at the bottom and some progress appearing. The progress seemed pretty slow, but I kept the phone awake by scrolling rightwards through the images. Just when I was getting bored the progress seemed to speed through the last 50% in 2-3 seconds. Maybe the servers are under more load and the app is having trouble making a connection for a download. Perhaps it wasn't tested with a busy server-side?

The app has some odd behaviours. To start with I had several messages about the app being offline, which seemed to bump me to the initial screen after I acknowledged with OK.

They haven't corrected the EV specific manual error that our AC charging cables don't have the switch on them that the manual shows. This causes no-end of confusion for new owners wondering how to "end" a charging session before the car reaches 100% and so ends the charging session itself. The first step described is one which the user can't follow.
(Once you know to unlock the car and pull the cable immediately it's not a problem - but that isn't the instruction for this common task!)

Reactions: fenegroni

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
281 Posts
So they've called it "Kia Owner's Manual App (Official)" in the (Google) App store... the name you search for and see at install-time. Once you have installed you have to look for the app named "Owner's Manual", so it isn't where you might expect, alphabetically in the 'K's and next to the "Kia Connect". Doh!
Who do they employ for software product User Acceptance Testing? Homer Simpson?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Así que lo llamaron " Aplicación del manual del propietario de Kia (oficial) " en la tienda de aplicaciones (Google)... el nombre que busca y ve en el momento de la instalación. Una vez que haya instalado, debe buscar la aplicación llamada " Manual del propietario ", por lo que no está donde podría esperar, alfabéticamente en las 'K' y al lado de "Kia Connect". ¡Do!
¿A quién emplean para las pruebas de aceptación del usuario del producto de software? ¿Homero Simpson?
Hola, estoy buscando obtener un manual de Kia para un Kia Picanto 2010, no los que recibió en el automóvil.
Los que usaron en el taller Mecanico gracias por su ayuda

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
281 Posts
Hola, estoy buscando obtener un manual de Kia para un Kia Picanto 2010, no los que recibió en el automóvil.
Los que usaron en el taller Mecanico gracias por su ayuda
If I understand correctly... The answer is no, sorry. This App only has user-manuals for new cars.
From translate.google.com:-
Si entendí bien... La respuesta es no, lo siento. Esta aplicación solo tiene manuales de usuario para autos nuevos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I understand correctly... The answer is no, sorry. This App only has user-manuals for new cars.
From translate.google.com:-
Si entendí bien... La respuesta es no, lo siento. Esta aplicación solo tiene manuales de usuario para autos nuevos.
Thank you for your kind information
A question You have any idea were can I made some contact to ask
for the manual

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Thank you for your kind information
A question You have any idea were can I made some contact to ask
for the manual
It would be your Kia US.

But could try here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts