Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just brought Kia roof bars (from Kia) and at 60/70 MPH they are making a very loud noise! I accept a bit of wind noise! However this noise is very loud. Has anyone got any suggestions pls?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I accept a bit of wind noise! However this noise is very loud.
Welcome to the forum, 'Mark parnell'.

Compared to? Obviously, they will produce some noise compared to not having them but do you have any experience of similar roof bars on another vehicle perhaps to give some context?

Reading your post, I'm grateful that I chose to purchase a towbar & electrics at purchase, rather than roof bars for the bikes we like to take with us from time to time. With a dedicated cycle carrier mounted on the tow ball, there is no no noise to speak of or appreciable drag. That, plus the better security compared to roof-mounted bikes was worth the extra cash in my opinion.

I hope you're enjoying the SW otherwise.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ive just brought Kia roof bars (from Kia) and at 60/70 MPH they are making a very loud noise! I accept a bit of wind noise! However this noise is very loud. Has anyone got any suggestions pls?
I use a pair of generic steel roof bars with Thule fittings and they make little or no difference to noise levels whatsoever at those speeds.

Have you tried tweaking the position of the "feet" and made sure all rubbers are properly in place.

You probably have a sun roof in this model so you also have an opportunity to visibly inspect at speed to see if there is any unexpected vibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts