Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I expecting too much thinking a car should be already valeted and clean when viewing at a main dealer. We have been rather disappointed by a quite frankly grubby looking interior only to be told it will of course be all sorted out when it’s valeted if you buy it. First impressions count so I would expect it to be the other way round, with the car fully valeted so when we come to view it. Is this unreasonable or not the way garages work these days. One we viewed today had numerous cables, dirt and a bicycle pump under the back seats when lifted and some stained seats ? We didn’t bother with it at all. If they can’t be bothered with it why should we

·
Registered
643 Posts
That's poor, you would never expect to see the 'before' condition of a car for sale, presentation is everything. Pure laziness, or extreme cost cutting.

Then again I don't use any of the nottingham dealers, none of them seem to understand 'the customer journey'. If you don't mind a buzz up the m1, try Triangle in Chesterfield. I bought from them, tried Nottnam dealers for servicing but now always take it back to Triangle for kia related work (not MOT/Brakes etc).

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,086 Posts
I could understand if it had just come in and was waiting valeting before going on the forecourt, but to leave it as the previous owner left it until someone buys it is definitely poor practice. Reinforces how good Drayton's are.

Reactions: ArthurCollins2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope this was a pre arranged viewing 2 days before, with a follow up call the evening before confirming. It was basically grubby and the chap couldn’t see the problem. Poor in our opinion. Therefore we bought this at another independent dealer yesterday. Car was well presented and they were keen to do business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts