Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I expecting too much thinking a car should be already valeted and clean when viewing at a main dealer. We have been rather disappointed by a quite frankly grubby looking interior only to be told it will of course be all sorted out when it’s valeted if you buy it. First impressions count so I would expect it to be the other way round, with the car fully valeted so when we come to view it. Is this unreasonable or not the way garages work these days. One we viewed today had numerous cables, dirt and a bicycle pump under the back seats when lifted and some stained seats ? We didn’t bother with it at all. If they can’t be bothered with it why should we

·
Registered
948 Posts
That's poor, you would never expect to see the 'before' condition of a car for sale, presentation is everything. Pure laziness, or extreme cost cutting.

Then again I don't use any of the nottingham dealers, none of them seem to understand 'the customer journey'. If you don't mind a buzz up the m1, try Triangle in Chesterfield. I bought from them, tried Nottnam dealers for servicing but now always take it back to Triangle for kia related work (not MOT/Brakes etc).

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,395 Posts
I could understand if it had just come in and was waiting valeting before going on the forecourt, but to leave it as the previous owner left it until someone buys it is definitely poor practice. Reinforces how good Drayton's are.

Reactions: ArthurCollins2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope this was a pre arranged viewing 2 days before, with a follow up call the evening before confirming. It was basically grubby and the chap couldn’t see the problem. Poor in our opinion. Therefore we bought this at another independent dealer yesterday. Car was well presented and they were keen to do business.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Not that unusual for dealers to leave car valeting/servicing until sold,I have always thought it a strange habit especially with 'not so old' cars,a basic clean up does not take long and makes a car look much better.
A couple of years ago we bought an 08 Sportage crdi from a dodgy dealer approx 50 miles away which had obviously just been left 'as is' when part exed.
It obviously had been owned by a family with youngish kids judging by the state of the interior,we still occasionally find bits of glitter LOL.
However it looked ok mechanically,and since we wanted an Auto G'box (not always easy to find in scotland) and partly because it had reasonable mileage on the odo we took a risk on it.
We ended up with 'chalk and cheese' cars - one is the 08 Sporty which had 8 owners in 10 years and the other is a 2005 Vitara Auto which was a one owner car and almost like brand new inside.
The dodgy dealer fortunately had a good cleaner and she must have spent quite some time on the 'Sporty' to get it to a reasonable standard when we returned the next day to pick it up,'leather' seats obviously helped.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 4 dynamics plus
10 Posts
Am I expecting too much thinking a car should be already valeted and clean when viewing at a main dealer. We have been rather disappointed by a quite frankly grubby looking interior only to be told it will of course be all sorted out when it’s valeted if you buy it. First impressions count so I would expect it to be the other way round, with the car fully valeted so when we come to view it. Is this unreasonable or not the way garages work these days. One we viewed today had numerous cables, dirt and a bicycle pump under the back seats when lifted and some stained seats ? We didn’t bother with it at all. If they can’t be bothered with it why should we
I have to say that when we saw our car on the forecourt before we brought or even test drove it, the paintwork, wheels, tyres and interior was spotless. That was at Vertu Nottingham (Arnold A60). We brought the car. We were very impressed and still are so far. M

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They must have upped their game then, we gave them feedback and said why we weren’t interested anymore and that they should present vehicles better as we might have bought it if was at least clean.

·
Registered
533 Posts
When i was looking for my sportage i viewed 2 cars at different kia dealers that were dirty and unprepaired, one was an appointment to view, the other was immaculate on the web site so i turned up on the chance to view but in real life it was being used as a loan car ! suffice to say i didnt purchase from either.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I collected my current Sportage, brand new, from the dealer it still had a load of the protective material (inside and out) that new cars come with. Even the Kia mats that were part of the deal were just thrown in the boot and not fitted. The salesperson couldn't see what the fuss was about but I wouldn't give him the final payment until he got the valeter to sort things out

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I collected my current Sportage, brand new, from the dealer it still had a load of the protective material (inside and out) that new cars come with. Even the Kia mats that were part of the deal were just thrown in the boot and not fitted. The salesperson couldn't see what the fuss was about but I wouldn't give him the final payment until he got the valeter to sort things out
I don’t blame you either, that’s poor.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh, I should clarify that the Dealership I'm talking about was not KIA Nottingham, my comment was simply adding to the tales of poor vehicle presentation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.