Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was thinking about buying Kia Niro Hybrid as my future car. I dont have a big budget so im looking for used car from 2017. There is few build/variants of that car and I cant find any informations about differences between them. Can someone help me understand that and advice if Niro is worth buying.

Super Moderator
Depends on what you want.
The lower the number, then the lower the spec. Unless it's 1st edition & then they are pretty well loaded.
HEV = Self Charging (no plug in)
PHEV = small battery, approx 30 mile range on battery, but requires plugging in to charge, but will self charge bit.
EV = Full blown electric, so needs charging

Just make sure that it has full service history, as per Kia. So that is either every 12 months or 10K miles. Better done at a Kia dealer, as any out of Kia require a full invoice of the parts used to make sure that warranty is intact.

Reactions: lukaszczukk

Registered
Depends on what you want.
The lower the number, then the lower the spec. Unless it's 1st edition & then they are pretty well loaded.
HEV = Self Charging (no plug in)
PHEV = small battery, approx 30 mile range on battery, but requires plugging in to charge, but will self charge bit.
EV = Full blown electric, so needs charging

Just make sure that it has full service history, as per Kia. So that is either every 12 months or 10K miles. Better done at a Kia dealer, as any out of Kia require a full invoice of the parts used to make sure that warranty is intact.
Niro is well worth buying, its a great car. But, as iooi says, make sure it has a full service history with all services done at the correct time, and the service book correctly stamped. For long journeys you would be hard pushed to find a more economical and relaxing car.

Reactions: lukaszczukk

Registered
The earlier Niros have a foot operated 'hand brake' which I hate.
The later models have an electronic one, which I had never had before but it is easy to get used to and works well.

Registered
Hello,

I was thinking about buying Kia Niro Hybrid as my future car. I dont have a big budget so im looking for used car from 2017. There is few build/variants of that car and I cant find any informations about differences between them. Can someone help me understand that and advice if Niro is worth buying.
Hi, firstly I have has a Niro (67 reg) for around 6 months and very satisfied with it. There are various models, 2.3.4 and vary in the number of toys available to the driver. I would recommend model 3 which has everything you might reasonably need together with a leather trim. The performance is totally adequate on both normal roads and motorway use and fuel consumption around 48-63 mpg on a long run. At present these are retailing around 拢14-16K. A very sound and comfortable to drive.
Hope that helps.

Registered
I have a late 2017 Niro 3 (self-charging). It has made me a better driver and changed my driving style. It just glides about most of the time - unless I engage sports mode (don't laugh) - this is no kind of speed machine - but sport mode does give you much more immediate acceleration which is great when you need it. There is a decent amount of room in the cabin (feels much less cramped in the back than something like a Hyundai Ioniq) and the seats are comfy. It's easy and comfortable to drive - although rear passengers say there's some road noise (due to bigger rims on the 3 model, I suspect). Fuel economy on longer drives - especially on relatively flat roads is brilliant (I can get up to about 63mpg if I try hard, 55 if I don't). economy does drop though in the winter months when its cold. There's a reason why this relatively unheralded and critically dismissed car is more and more common on our roads - it's VERY practical and a great all-rounder.

Super Moderator
Well after having it's 1st fuel up mine reported 44 MPG over 242 local miles. Longest trip 25 miles, which was daughter driving as she needs to get used to a bigger car & auto.
DCT is great. No issues using it, despite never having never driven a auto in 40+ years of driving.

Agree with above. This is no pocket rocket, but will shift when needed. But really is a laid back drive. Makes not speeding a dream :)
Comfort & space is great. Plenty of boot space.
If you love toys. You need the "4"

Reactions: Llanigraham

Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
The earlier Niros have a foot operated 'hand brake' which I hate.
The later models have an electronic one, which I had never had before but it is easy to get used to and works well.
My Mercedes which I swapped for an E-Niro yesterday had a foot operated parking brake, I found it odd ten ears ago, and instinctively tried to do the same on arriving back home yesterday, must retrain the muscle memory to cope with this electy stuff :ROFLMAO:

Registered

Registered
Assuming the bump on the back has been added to spoil the line then it looks pretty much like the current one. I would like them to make a proper hybrid (not mild) Stonic. A much smarter looking car. The Niro is a bit 'vanilla' when compared to many other hybrids.

Super Moderator
Assuming the bump on the back has been added to spoil the line then it looks pretty much like the current one. I would like them to make a proper hybrid (not mild) Stonic. A much smarter looking car. The Niro is a bit 'vanilla' when compared to many other hybrids.
Totally agree. Other than new lights it's er.... The same. Unless they have had a major redesign of the area under the cover on the rear.

I guess it's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
It has a German Registration, seems strange that a Korean manufacturer is conducting it's testing in Europe

Registered
I'm out of date on hybrids. My first (66reg) Niro was fully hybrid and," the first EVER IN THE WORLD" built up from the ground, hybrid. I'm now on fully EV Niro. Using CAD, all cars destined for the same market MUST , eventually, look the same or extremely similar. It's designed by AI which is designed by HI( human eye.) Just look at all of the different SUV's & others of similar size and you can't tell the difference from a distance.

Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
I'm out of date on hybrids. My first (66reg) Niro was fully hybrid and," the first EVER IN THE WORLD" built up from the ground, hybrid. I'm now on fully EV Niro. Using CAD, all cars destined for the same market MUST , eventually, look the same or extremely similar. It's designed by AI which is designed by HI( human eye.) Just look at all of the different SUV's & others of similar size and you can't tell the difference from a distance.
Yeah makes finding yours in the car park a bit challenging, particularly if it's silver 馃槅

Super Moderator
It has a German Registration, seems strange that a Korean manufacturer is conducting it's testing in Europe
A lot of design/testing is done in Europe, rather than in Korea. Especially for cars that have big westen sales.

Registered
Considering that Europe is one of their largest market places why is it strange?
I've no doubt they will also have been testing in the frozen north of Norway and the heat of central Australia as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts