Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

I hope that you can see, if not I can explain; on my Kia Niro 4, self charging, it is not possible to set up route, I cannot set up options for shorter or faster routes, basically I can use the default only, it is greyed out on the settings. In addition the speed limits indication are very often wrong. Sometimes the route is incorrect as it will ask me to turn right or left to take the wrong way to a one way road. Any one with ideas? Thanks Albert

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
View attachment 13182
I hope that you can see, if not I can explain; on my Kia Niro 4, self charging, it is not possible to set up route, I cannot set up options for shorter or faster routes, basically I can use the default only, it is greyed out on the settings. In addition the speed limits indication are very often wrong. Sometimes the route is incorrect as it will ask me to turn right or left to take the wrong way to a one way road. Any one with ideas? Thanks Albert
do you mind specifying the version of your satnav please? A picture will be sufficient as we need all the numbers.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Don't think there is the Shortest/Fastest options anymore.

You nav software is from 25 02 21 so is out of date. (new versions still do not have the options)

We now can self update the head units.

Check here for latest version for you car.

But please do read the threads in main section as there are issues. Which you may wish to wait a bit longer to see if we get another version.

I hope that you have deleted the UVO app on your phone and set up the new Connect app.

I tend to use app to search out destination and then send to phone. Unless of course you are already driving.

If it want's to take you down a one way street the wrong way, just carry on and it will recalculate the route. If it asks you to turn round & still go down it. Just keep going till it gives you another option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for the replies, I successfully got the update loader and the update to a memory card, I have a problem with the car definition, the options are the type which is Niro but each model has a list on the side for an additional description like Nero EV (MY'18) or PHEV (MY'18) or one of those with MY'20 , My'22 etc. If this relates to the car's age, my car is MY'21, this one does not appear on the list. Can some one explain please? Just to confirm my car is a Kia Niro 4 hybrid self charging, 2021, Albert

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
The MY is model (manufacturing) year. In this case it is dependent on the last time that model last had a facelift or tweaks to the build/accessories. For example my car is an MY20, but the model was given a face lift in MY18, hence my update is the MY18 option, not the MY21.
Frankly I think the MY number just adds to the confusion, you are far better identifying the software version on your car and entering that into the Updater.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Thanks, I will do some more homework...
#6 has a link to tell you from the VIN which MY you have. It does not always relate to year of manufacture. (y)

Other way to see if there is a update is to enter software version. You can ignore _ etc when entering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just updated my satnav and once done it looked like the OP's pic.

Can anyone tell me where i can type in an address to navigate to? the old sat nav had a " new address" tab which is now missing, wish id never updated it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just updated my satnav and once done it looked like the OP's pic.

Can anyone tell me where i can type in an address to navigate to? the old sat nav had a " new address" tab which is now missing, wish id never updated it.
Assuming that most Kias have the same navigation system, when you turn on the engine the screen comes up, press the map button on the dashboard and it will come up with a map, on the bottom there is a search icon if you select it, you will get a keypad on the screen. At the top of the keypad you will see a space to key the desired address, when done select ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Assuming that most Kias have the same navigation system, when you turn on the engine the screen comes up, press the map button on the dashboard and it will come up with a map, on the bottom there is a search icon if you select it, you will get a keypad on the screen. At the top of the keypad you will see a space to key the desired address, when done select ok.
Cheers AKUK, i did get it explained to me when i went to the dealers this afternoon for a service, but i have still lost the ability to view 3 widgets at a time, i can now only have 2 and that to me is NOT an upgrade, more of a downgrade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts