Kia Owners Club Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Has anybody downloaded maps from here
I can’t imagine why anyone in the UK would. As ‘vengablue’ has commented, the charge for dealer time in the UK of £25.00 inc VAT is most reasonable.

·
Registered
260 Posts
£25 for eace of mind is small price to pay. DIY updates that go wrong and brick the entertainment unit are not covered under the Kia 7 year warranty. Do this at your peril as it may end up costing you thousands of pounds having the unit repaced.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
. DIY updates that go wrong and brick the entertainment unit are not covered under the Kia 7 year warranty.
Audio and navigation units
The original audio and navigation units are covered for 36 months or 60,000 miles from the date of first registration, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes the units are covered by 36 month warranty but if you brick the unit by doing a DiY map update Kia will not cover it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just a very quick update on the Kia Update site. I've been monitoring it for a while now, and the US page has had some work done on it lately, so it's not been completely abandoned.

The incorrectly spelled navigaionUpdate page has been changed to navigationUpdate, and some of the screens in the Update Guide have been changed to make the version numbers more generic looking with no regional information in them. The copyright message at the bottom has also been updated from 2019 to 2020.

Interestingly though the first screen of the Navigation Updater install wizard still shows a country/region choice and Europe is still on it, so maybe we may get it eventually if it's successful in the US and Canada.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings Folks

I have an Australian 2016 Optima with a AVN 2.0, recently had a new one fitted under warranty, my OEM SD card maps worked but no menu was displayed, Kia wanted to charge $250 for a map update.
I downloaded the EU 2020 firmware and new maps, works flawlessly but obviously no GPS signal so the maps are useless but so we're the original ones after the new AVN was fitted. The new features are worth it even though no navigation.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum,’fibonacci1101’.

The answer is no. If you are confident with basic computer maintenance, you should have no trouble updating the SW/FW and mapping in your Carens.

However, if you are nervous about undertaking the task, you could simply get the dealer to perform the job. I don’t know how much they charge in Switzerland but in the UK, it’s a very reasonable £25.00 inc VAT.

Your choice!:unsure:
I do not pay anything for an update here in bremerhaven in germany.....Kia dealer simply put in the usb and start the update while it’s parjåked outside the shop....it super service.....
15000 km service on my Niro phev advance 2020 costed 145 £ incl. oil and filter...when I picked up the car, it was vacuumed and cleaned inside....washed and polished outside...without any charge...battery was even charged fully during the service..
I’m from denmark, and even in denmark the Kia dealers aren’t keeping up with the germans....I‘ll be using this dealer in Bremerhaven for the next services...for sure!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts