Kia Owners Club Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bit sarcastic! What I am saying some of these posts are on young cars why risk your 7 year warranty if its free.
I agree with your statement but l believe the AV unit is only covered by the Kia warranty for three years or 60k miles. :(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Although I might be misunderstanding exactly what you are saying, the POI cats are all intact in my satnav. Please advise me if I’m missing the point but I tried various items such as police stations, restaurants, hospitals, etc and was anle to select which I would like on the map.

Am I missing something?
On previous versions of the software you could create a POI file for locations specific to you, put them onto USB and load them onto the NAV memory. For example I had the National Trust and Scottish National Trust on our previous car, it meant I could quickly pick them from the My POI lists, without having to do searches and not needing post-codes. I had also tailored them so they took me to the sites entrance and not the post-code, which are not always the same thing.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Wow, what did we do before Sat-Navs. We used to use a map to navigate to places and it was usually on the last mile or so that we struggled. I used to have to go to places, merely having an address, when I was working and it wasn't easy at times.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
On previous versions of the software you could create a POI file for locations specific to you, put them onto USB and load them onto the NAV memory.
Ah! I see what ‘Hemesh’ was getting at now. That’s a function for which I have never yet found a need as I have always managed to reach my destinations, including both NT and RHS sites using one or other of the 3 nav apps on my phone/car.

Repeat routes are easily found from ‘Previous Destinations’ so I manage ok. In any event, after many years of motorhoming, both pre and post satnav, and referencing ‘Lancelot1937’s post, most popular ‘go to’ venues can be found quite easily as there are frequently brown tourist signs in the general locale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Although I might be misunderstanding exactly what you are saying, the POI cats are all intact in my satnav. Please advise me if I’m missing the point but I tried various items such as police stations, restaurants, hospitals, etc and was able to select which I would like on the map.

Am I missing something?
Hi
I want to import my own POI's.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ah! I see what ‘Hemesh’ was getting at now. That’s a function for which I have never yet found a need as I have always managed to reach my destinations, including both NT and RHS sites using one or other of the 3 nav apps on my phone/car.

Repeat routes are easily found from ‘Previous Destinations’ so I manage ok. In any event, after many years of motorhoming, both pre and post satnav, and referencing ‘Lancelot1937’s post, most popular ‘go to’ venues can be found quite easily as there are frequently brown tourist signs in the general locale.
I was using NT and SNT as examples, but for me a list of the two caravan clubs CL's and CS's was often a godsend, especially as I had marked them myself. Using a post code to find a farm site is a proper lottery. I also had a number of French sites on my POI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,
I downloaded and installed Gen.2 firmware and maps but I'm seeing no difference at all. The Device information screen is showing differences but no Radio station logo shows for example.
I'm driving '66 plate sportage with no android auto or carplay. Any ideas?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts