Kia Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
car is a 69 plate kia Picanto gt line s, i have updated both maps and the head unit, no issues.
‘Joshua1234’, You say “no issues” but you seemed to have a number of issues from your responses in this thread.

Now I am really confused because your car, being a 69 plate model, almost certainly had up-to-date nav files. DAB radio station logo displays were improved in the early 2019 update if memory serves correctly so, after all the difficulties you appeared to have, are you actually sure that you have the latest files installed now?

An uploaded photo of the navigation information display would reveal which version you have installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
‘Joshua1234’, You say “no issues” but you seemed to have a number of issues from your responses in this thread.

Now I am really confused because your car, being a 69 plate model, almost certainly had up-to-date nav files. DAB radio station logo displays were improved in the early 2019 update if memory serves correctly so, after all the difficulties you appeared to have, are you actually sure that you have the latest files installed now?

An uploaded photo of the navigation information display would reveal which version you have installed.
Hi,
My headunit was highly out of date, i have since updated it and updated the maps, once diffenee is the radio station now show the logo.. and on the nav it now shows my speed am doing aswell as any speed cams.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I think I understand whats going on. The Gen5 head unit (and possibly others) have updates that are released twice a year, in March and September. My Picanto was first registered in May, 2019 but came with 2018 firmware and maps. The dealers obviously don't bother checking to see if your car is up to date before selling it so even new cars can be supplied with out of date firmware and maps.

I installed the 2019 first release shortly after getting the car in August and the second release (called Kia software 2019_2 and Kia maps 2019_2) in September. It was only on the latest, 2020 updates that the radio stations logo appeared along with the GPS speed etc.

Despite my doubts (no offence intended), It appears Joshua1234 has now successfully updated to the latest version without destroying anything !

·
Super Moderator
2,445 Posts
I think I understand whats going on. The Gen5 head unit (and possibly others) have updates that are released twice a year, in March and September.
Well in the last few years UK customers only get one update a year. Usually Q2 or Q3. So it could be that We are going to be getting more going forward. But do you really want to be paying £25 a time for small mapping updates?
As Kia are supplied the map updates by "Here" Which are well known round the motoring forums for being well behind anyway.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have anyone manage to import POI category's after the software update. I imported them on software version 6, didn't check if they were still there on the v7. only noticed that they were missing on the v8, tried to import them and files aren't recognise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
here in NL we have a good support from KIA: KIA Family Card. Some weeks ago a got an e-mail for a free "Fitness Check" where they check all functions of my Niro and they also updated for free my AVN. Now I have a more detailed drive instructions, driving speed is shown and together with the max. speed it is moved from the right side to the left.
Some more settings are available and the radio shows now the station logo.
I'm very happy with the KIA and dealer support here in NL!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Have anyone manage to import POI category's after the software update. I imported them on software version 6, didn't check if they were still there on the v7. only noticed that they were missing on the v8, tried to import them and files aren't recognise.
I have not been able to do it on my car as yet. The previous method no longer exists and I haven't found anything in the menu's so far. Still investigating.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Have anyone manage to import POI category's after the software update.
Although I might be misunderstanding exactly what you are saying, the POI cats are all intact in my satnav. Please advise me if I’m missing the point but I tried various items such as police stations, restaurants, hospitals, etc and was able to select which I would like on the map.

Am I missing something?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts