Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just had our annual Stevie Wonder service from Kia Lakeside -
£205.31 for a glorified oil change (and inspection). We took it in
Friday morning by agreement - a day earlier than previously booked - and when we
arrived late Saturday morning it was still in the workshop, given their
stalling tactics and body language I think they must of not finished it
in time!

THE GOOD: They picked up on the
condition sagging on the rear tyres (probably change next year), 70-80%
wear on rear pads but when we said we'd only be driving 5k miles pa he
said they'd be fine for another year.

THE BAD:
They didn't fix the loose front fog light in surround casing, said it was damaged wear and tear, not a
warranty issue and that it requires surround to rectify @ £60.56. And no
error with passenger air bag (which could be fair enough as the manual
is badly written).

THE UGLY: Lack of lithium
grease on the hinges; when they miss simple things like that it makes you
wonder what else they say they do but don't! Wanted to charge a
separate fee of £27 just to adjust the nearside dip beam (I think I'll
go back in about these last two - but thought I'd see what you think
first?)

FORGIVEABLE: They flagged the biannual
brake fluid change was needed - but as this was done last service (Sept
2012) - it isn't needed but as this dealer service was not recorded/stamped in
the service book they weren't to know.

CONCLUSION: May have been £70 cheaper than two other dealers quotes (Sidcup and Eastbourne) but then again maybe they would have changed the air and pollen filters too, and adjusted the damn dip beam! I've never been asked to pay a separate fee during a service for something so minor, in fact even during an MoT it would be adjusted or replaced with just the cost of the bulb. If this is the world of Kia servicing it could become a false economy as the annual service seems to be a wish list for more work and upselling from the dealer!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, lakeside are the nearest dealer to my Parents house and I was wondering what they were like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, you've misunderstood the car had done circa 80k miles in three years and we will only be doing 5k per annum. So the brake wear is only going to effect us in the medium term. So on that point the dealer's advice was sound, as for the rest of the service well see above!

PS Does nobody search the forums before posting on here? As someone as started a new thread on this particular dealer...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm a repeat customer at Kia Lakeside, having bought the car from Brayley Kia in Harpenden seven years ago and having had services there, Kia Romford and Brayley Kia Enfield. I've have never had a problem with the servicing at Kia Lakeside and now it's my preferred service centre. Yesterday was the seven year (70k mile) service and it cost £71 for the service, as quoted beforehand, plus £35 for the MOT. This was a "while you wait" service, as usual, and took a little over two hours. Free coffee and daytime TV were available. :)

The car was returned washed and vacuumed and they videoed the underside inspection, with running commentary and sent me a link to the video while I was still waiting in reception. This included details on tyre wear and also brake disks and pads, also shocks and springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts