Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Persuaded my wife to get a 2014 Kia KX-4 automatic in 2017 as read good safety reports about it and she works for Treetops hospice so travels a bit, and car has lots of extras like heated seats and steering wheel, but the mpg is the WORST I have ever encountered for a modern vehicle. Lately it's about 27mpg ! For a 2 litre diesel that's shocking, the only way to get above 30mpg is on a long run. Round town even if you drive like you have an egg under your foot it will still only give you 28mpg at a push. Sadly disappointed. Totally Spoils what is not a bad car. We also have a 2.5 ton horsebox that gives us 29 mpg....go figure.

Premium Member
Welcome Cobber - but you're in the wrong forum for answers so I'm transferring you to a general one. 馃槙 馃

Registered
Welcome to the Sportage poor mileage club. Yours is about the same as my 2013 KX4 I have a button that says ECO Mode, this does absolutely nothing for fuel consumption, other than make it go slower.
I guess if you are unhappy then go get a VW and be conned on mileage figures. No seriously it is very poor I was amazed, but it is was it is.

Registered
Diesels do not generally give good MPG on short runs anyway - especially during cold weather as they are usually slow to warm up fully.
The MPG figure should improve a bit as the colder night temps go away and (hopefully) if travel restrictions are eased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts