Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Can someone answer a question for me, I have just picked up my Pro Ceed 2.0today 2009 model. The car came with a brand new Ipod cable, but it doesn't fit! Has there been2 types of cable produced?

It look right apart from the 3.5mm jack is offset the wrong way.

I would be greatful if someone could shed some light on this problem.

Thanks Paul J

·
Registered
161 Posts
thats a strange one.ive got an ipod touch and it fits fine...dunno about other ipods thou.you could always use the standard ipod cable and get an addittional jack cable

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Zumbie,
It's not the ipod end that is the problem, it's the USB/3.5mm Jack part of the cable. It just doesn't fit in the dashboard end. The usb/jack are offset the wrong way. I have been into a dealer today & had a chat with the parts department. There are about 3 different part numbers for the Ipod Cable. They have ordered the all of them to sort out which one will hopefully fit.
I will post the part number if we can resolve the problem.

Thanks Paul J

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does the usb socket on the dash say ipod? early models didn't have ipod on them and the cables do not fit these. You can change the socket with the newer type so the ipod lead will fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
It's a July 2009 model Pro Cee'd Sport, it says in the manual that it's compatible with an ipod. Later today I will hopefully have an answer to this small problem.

Cheers Paul J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK,
I have sorted the ipod cable problem. The cable that came with the car is not right for my car (If your car doesn't say Ipod where you plug in the Aux/USB cable then just use the white usb cable that comes with you pod). It won't work with my 160gb ipod but will work fine with one of my older pods, so I am happy with that. I still need to sort out how to get the playlists to show up on the screen, but I will have a look on the forum for that.

Cheers Paul J

Edited by: pauljones1001

1 - 7 of 7 Posts