Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just posted the 1st released pictures of the new KIA EV6 Electric Car, I have put the Pictures here as well as some people in the Stinger section might be interested - write up and pictures in the MAIN MESSAGE SECTION of the site....

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
779 Posts
I look forward to the unveiling end of March, I'm interested especially with a 0 to 60mph of just over 3 sec :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi All,

Just posted the 1st released pictures of the new KIA EV6 Electric Car, I have put the Pictures here as well as some people in the Stinger section might be interested - write up and pictures in the MAIN MESSAGE SECTION of the site....

View attachment 9729

View attachment 9730

View attachment 9731

View attachment 9732

View attachment 9733

View attachment 9734

Cheers

Phil
It looks good. Very stylish. I just can’t get excited about EV’s. I suspect they’ll be soulless, a bit like electric trains compared to steam. I confess the only electric vehicle I’ve ever driven was a hired Toyota hybrid.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The thing with EVs is that you have to get a fast one. Absurd performance makes up for the lack of noise etc. A fast EV (as I experienced in a Tesla) is really quite remarkable!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was shocked how good they are to drive after being given a Nero. EV when mine went in for a service 🤔

·
Registered
80 Posts
I look forward to the unveiling end of March, I'm interested especially with a 0 to 60mph of just over 3 sec :eek:
In fact this is my greatest worry.
We are now going to give very average drivers cars with performance that is in the realm of todays supercars. F1 cars are in the 2.0 - 2.5 secs 0-60 times - should road cars really be allowed to do this?
Around towns and urban areas this is a recipe for real danger, particularly for pedestrians with little audible car noise.
Manufacturers need to address this quickly before it becomes a real problem but at the moment it is a major selling point for Tesla / Porsche / and now Kia.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I pulled up at lights behind a MG ev suv not quick looking at stats :unsure: i tell you what, i would have to be in sports mode to keep up with it 0 to 30mph must be insane :eek:

·
Registered
772 Posts
On a different note, I notice from the photo above that USB music is being played! Surely in a cutting edge car like this the marketing material should be indicating that the music is being streamed over 5g, not from a memory stick - that's so 2005! ha ha.

·
Registered
80 Posts
On a different note, I notice from the photo above that USB music is being played! Surely in a cutting edge car like this the marketing material should be indicating that the music is being streamed over 5g, not from a memory stick - that's so 2005! ha ha.
Yeah, where's the CD slot?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to have a tape to aux converter that was plugged into a CD Walkman in the glovebox in my first car haha

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good, Should have some space on the front seat for my new fangled music box !!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm sure it will appeal to people that want something shaped like an low-ish SUV coupe thing.
But it's difficult to design something with a much lower stance: where do the batteries go, if not underneath the floor?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts