Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Kia eNiro 4+ models vulnerable to a relay attack or has Kia mitigated against this somehow?
I know that last year Kia were selling a pouch as mitigation and I have something similar as my current car IS relay vulnerable (Vauxhall Ampera)

But what about new ones?

Sean

·
Super Moderator
3,374 Posts
Effectively any car that has the ability to open & start the car without a physical key in a lock is going to be vulnerable to such a attack.
You can get one of the pouches (test it to ensure it works on a regular basis) as regular usage may wear the lining down.

TBH, Kia is not really one of the brands that get targeted to the same level as the high end brands. Do not think we have even one case reported here.

If you are that worried, I would look at one of the steering wheel locks that you can now get again. Shame many of us threw them out years ago when we had them...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Agree - nearly all vehicles with keyles are vunerable to relay attack. Some Mercedes keyfobs will turn themselves off if the lock button is pressed twice quickly - this renders the fob inert and relay attack will not work (provided you rememner to double press the lock button)..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts