Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002kia sedona lx 2.9 diesel that frequently goes into 'limp' mode.

Garages charge small fortune to reset on board computer but are unable to identify fault.

Car drives brilliantly after fault codes have been reset,but engine warning light comes on when engine is required to deliver more power.

Can anybody advise of a code reader that works on this model?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a snap-on ethos. Not only does it work with the Sedona but it works with every car fitted with OBD1 & 2 ever. The reason I splashed out was because you can reset service warnings, fault codes, and upgrade the ECU software. I think your better off finding the cause of the problem though

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. Kia dealership at Blackpool will charge £81 for ONE fault test. So if dash lights show say 2 probs then just to plug in diagnostic costs £162, with NO fix.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
attempted to read fault codes today.
No fault codes recorded by ECU.Two different readers tried.

How do I get the ECU tested ?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gypsymoth4 said:
attempted to read fault codes today.
No fault codes recorded by ECU.Two different readers tried.

How do I get the ECU tested ?
If there is a problem with the ECU it should show throw up a fault code when connected to a diagnostic reader. Have you tried the good old method, that can reset the ECU and remove some codes - and that is to disconnect the battery for half an hour and then reconnect it. Make sure you have the radio code if necessary. As well as my Sedona I have a Vauxhall Vectra that occasionally throws up fault codes and on a couple of occasions disconnecting the battery has sorted it. Worth a try - bit like re booting your PC when things go wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts