Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

just a quick question has my first service at the main Kia dealer last Saturday . I asked if the service book had been stamped and the receptionist said it was all online now. I’ve looked on the my Kia app and nothing is showing - should I go back and askthem to stamp the book?
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, both for the service and for the bodywork inspection. That ensures that you have a record.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would say yes, you need to get your service book stamped. While the Kia dealership may have a record of your services online you don't. I have a service plan, which was included in the deal when I bought the car, and My Kia only displays the cars last service date. The only evidence I have that the car has a full service histrory is the service book.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would say yes, you need to get your service book stamped. While the Kia dealership may have a record of your services online you don't. I have a service plan, which was included in the deal when I bought the car, and My Kia only displays the cars last service date. The only evidence I have that the car has a full service histrory is the service book.
+1 for Mr.macspot..
And slightly off topic but I think worth a mention is ..I was browsing off line on the cast of UK garage labour charhes this morning and came up with this..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very interesting and borne out by experience of KIA dealer who has moved to a 'Glass Palace' the cost of which he is trying to recoup from customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 for Mr.macspot..
And slightly off topic but I think worth a mention is ..I was browsing off line on the cast of UK garage labour charhes this morning and came up with this..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks will go and ask again when I get tyre pressure sensor replaced next weekend! I have a service plan and was a bit unsure as I’ve never owned a brand new car before. Kia app seems to indicate it still needs servicing

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks will go and ask again when I get tyre pressure sensor replaced next weekend! I have a service plan and was a bit unsure as I’ve never owned a brand new car before. Kia app seems to indicate it still needs servicing
My Kia takes an age to catch up, especially when you have the plan and book direct with the dealer. I don't think much of My Kia other than giving access to the PDF of my cars handbook and some useful help video's.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would say yes, you need to get your service book stamped. While the Kia dealership may have a record of your services online you don't..... The only evidence I have that the car has a full service histrory is the service book.
When we swopped the wife previous car we sold it "Evans Halshaw Buy Your Car" simply because their price was better than the PX we were being offered and also better than "We buy any Car" (who were also better than the dealer. When we took the car in we were asked for the fully stamped service book which of course we had. I asked what they did if there was no book and the simple answer was they treat the car as having no service record and either reduce the price accordingly or possibly not buy the car. I suggested to them that most service records are now computerised but they were adamant that a paper record is required.

When we got the Mrs new motor (a Skoda) there was no service book with it, the dealer said that it was all computerised. I told him about my recent experience to which he said that they had no right to reduce the price simply because there was no record of servicing. When I suggested to him that I would be very surprised if they took all PX's in with no service record at full book price he went all quiet. I bought a service book form the service department for £10 which I guess is a nice little earner for the garage but at least we now have a stamped book should we ever need it.

Be aware that identical books are available in e-bay but will not come with the supplying dealers official details so may be worthless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Kia takes an age to catch up, especially when you have the plan and book direct with the dealer. I don't think much of My Kia other than giving access to the PDF of my cars handbook and some useful help video's.
tThanks

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hi Chelle

We're sorry to learn your service book wasn't stamped as it's a standard Kia expectation. Whilst we're investigating the possibility of developing further account features including online service history, all services should currently be stamped. Please let us know by PM if you have any further issues.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts