Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of the new Sportage - fabulous. The dealer is having problems obtaing a code sent to my phone to activate the app. Anyone else having the same problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exactly the same problem! In the end, I just did it myself. BUT it has taken 24 hours to initialise properly and for some reason, it still put the car units back to km/H even though I have set mp/H at least 4 times now...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for quick replies. Like ddnees I have now done it myself. One other question - I have been trying to get the nearside mirror to dip when in reverse but so far failed! Do you know if this is possible on the GT Line S model?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thank you both for quick replies. Like ddnees I have now done it myself. One other question - I have been trying to get the nearside mirror to dip when in reverse but so far failed! Do you know if this is possible on the GT Line S model?
Ahhh I didn't know this was a feature which was available... mine have not dipped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mmmm car has 360 parking camera and if you really needed to I guess you could just indicate and see the kerb from your dash camera when parking. Just a thought.

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
214 Posts
Surely the 360 camera view on the main screen is just better all round for manoeuvring?

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Would be nice to have an option to see both wing mirror cameras without using the indicators... feature request.
I have mine angled down so I can see low enough for reversing. Added bonus it means you do not get blinded by car lights behind. (y)

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
214 Posts
I have mine angled down so I can see low enough for reversing. Added bonus it means you do not get blinded by car lights behind. (y)
Its funny how we all do the same thing - driving - but we all have very different ways to approach it.

Mirror settings for example - I have mine set so wide that i cant see the sides of the car, the idea being that it eliminates the majority of the over the shoulder blind spot.

I think we all choose a setup that suits where we use the car the most, i spent most of my time on the motorway so my setup reflects that.

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Mirror settings for example - I have mine set so wide that i cant see the sides of the car, the idea being that it eliminates the majority of the over the shoulder blind spot.
Same here.
But as a biker & despite having the blind spot warning. I still do life savers (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts