Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told today Kia Connect, is free for 7 years... whoop whoop.

Does anybody know if we get all the features in the Kia Connect App/Service.

I can understand the charging feature not being available for a Hybrid, but will I be able to heat the car or turn it on from the mobile app?

What has been people experience using the service?

Super Moderator
No you do not get preheat options. As Hybrid/PHEV require the ICE to provide heat.

It's Ok. But really only of use to EV owners. Unless you want to track car.

Just remember never lock the car from the app, without knowing where the keys are. As if the keys are in the car, you can end up locked out of the car.

This is from Kia...
Do not lock the vehicle through the remote app door control while the FOB key is inside. Under certain circumstances, unlocking the vehicle door remotely may not be possible as long as the FOB key is inside.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No you do not get preheat options. As Hybrid/PHEV require the ICE to provide heat.

It's Ok. But really only of use to EV owners. Unless you want to track car.

Just remember never lock the car from the app, without knowing where the keys are. As if the keys are in the car, you can end up locked out of the car.

This is from Kia...
If only they provided this information on the website, such false information!

Super Moderator
If only they provided this information on the website, such false information!
To be fair under the section it does say

Climate Control
Kia Connect App 鈥 Electric Vehicles only

As to remotely turning car on. Not a good idea & illegal if on a public road.

Super Moderator
I do however, wonder why they could not have this enabled for a HEV version?
I guess to avoid cars running on public roads with no one in them. Which is illegal

Heating on HEV/PHEV is via ICE. While some other marques can preheat PHEV's while connected to wallbox, it's simply not possible on a HEV due to the size of the battery.
As well as it needs a whole different heating system which is going to add to the cost.

Yep heated seats are a must. Same goes for ventilated in summer. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess to avoid cars running on public roads with no one in them. Which is illegal

Heating on HEV/PHEV is via ICE. While some other marques can preheat PHEV's while connected to wallbox, it's simply not possible on a HEV due to the size of the battery.
As well as it needs a whole different heating system which is going to add to the cost.

Yep heated seats are a must. Same goes for ventilated in summer. 馃槀
At present most of the gear selectors and parking breaks are automated, cars should have the tech to detect, no one is in the vehicle and keep the car in 'Park' start the engine and turn on the blowers. I can understand the function not being available on the manual version...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts