Kia Owners Club Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

Super Moderator
Just followed to the letter the instructions re Connect. Result - Connect's only function now is to tell me I have an E-Niro, all other functionality gone. Reinstalled Uvo, and same result. Does anyone test these software releases before issuing them to unsuspecting drivers? I would appreciate sometime from Kia explaining how I can get the functionality back on what was a pretty good app.
Mine shows I have the correct car. Copied ALL the data from the old Uvo app to the new Connect app.

KCS are reading these posts. So they need as much info on the issue to pass on
So phone, O/S version etc.

Registered
Niro DL, 2020, UVO
The only point I found (on my iPhone 8+ with iOS 15.0.1) is, if I click on refresh for the car details and after receiving the car details I get the window that the car status has been checked with the ok button. If I click here on "OK" the app gets closed, if I wait some seconds, the window disappears and the app is working normal.

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
The only point I found (on my iPhone 8+ with iOS 15.0.1) is, if I click on refresh for the car details and after receiving the car details I get the window that the car status has been checked with the ok button. If I click here on "OK" the app gets closed, if I wait some seconds, the window disappears and the app is working normal.
Just for info, I'm on Android and don't have these issues

Registered
On the Google Play Store the first thing it says about Kia Connect is "Only compatible with cars equipped with Kia Connect. Please look for Kia Connect settings in your navigation screen "

My 2020 Kia Niro PHEV still only shows UVO on the navigation screen. Should I install Kia Connect or stick with UVO Connect (useless though it is for most things).

Registered
On the Google Play Store the first thing it says about Kia Connect is "Only compatible with cars equipped with Kia Connect. Please look for Kia Connect settings in your navigation screen "

My 2020 Kia Niro PHEV still only shows UVO on the navigation screen. Should I install Kia Connect or stick with UVO Connect (useless though it is for most things).
Kia connect will work fine mate, i am using it on mine

Registered
At the moment, the two are one and the same. It might change going forward, but I think it's unlikely in the near future. UVO Connect was the name of the app before it rebranded to Kia Connect.

Registered
Kia connect will work fine mate, i am using it on mine
Thanks. Have installed it but as fenegroni says, it appears no different from UVO Connect.
It still has the same errors e.g. it claims my DTE is 305 miles when the dash shows 491 miles (i.e it thinks my car is set to kilometers, and yes, I have changed the app setting to miles). The overnight scheduled charging also failed once again, it always seems to do that when there is any sort of software change. Really frustrating.
Product Automotive design Font Speedometer Gadget

Registered
Hi & Welcome.

What car & version of UVO are you using?

Never had to enter a PIN on head unit at all.
no idea as to the version of UVO but it was downloaded only in September. After the safety 'confirm' message on the infotainment screen I must enter my pin number every time.

Super Moderator
no idea as to the version of UVO but it was downloaded only in September. After the safety 'confirm' message on the infotainment screen I must enter my pin number every time.
What colour is it?

New version has new Kia Logo as splash screen on APP on phone.
As a new version released end Sept.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts