Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

We're pleased to announce the release of the new Kia Connect app which replaces UVO Connect 2021. An all-new app was required due to the rebrand and it makes some improvements over the outgoing app. Please download Kia Connect:

Font Material property Symbol Rectangle Logo

IMPORTANT

Continue to use your existing login credentials if you already have a Kia Account.

Please delete UVO Connect 2021 before attempting to use Kia Connect because the old app may cause problems with functionality if it remains installed.

Do not lock the vehicle through the remote app door control while the FOB key is inside. Under certain circumstances, unlocking the vehicle door remotely may not be possible as long as the FOB key is inside.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
269 Posts
Really, the car recognises the keys are inside and wont allow you to lock it by the door handle, why release an app that you know has a fundamental flaw, that's just beyond, I take it that Kia are going to cover costs for people that don't read this forum and inadvertently lock the keys in the car from the app.

·
Super Moderator
6,221 Posts
Really, the car recognises the keys are inside and wont allow you to lock it by the door handle, why release an app that you know has a fundamental flaw, that's just beyond, I take it that Kia are going to cover costs for people that don't read this forum and inadvertently lock the keys in the car from the app.
So this explains why EV owners have been having the issue.
Many thought that it might be due to the doors being deadlocked.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kev

• This warning is repeated on the app stores.
  • The owner's manual advises keys should never be left in the car. There is no reason to do this and they should always be kept on the user.
  • The lock / unlock feature has been designed as backup only. There are many factors that could cause a remote unlock instruction to fail e.g. poor signal area, temporary Vodaphone issues, the user reaching their server limit. So the user shouldn't rely on this remote feature in place of the fob.

KCS

·
Registered
637 Posts
Does this only work on new kias? Presume not on my 19 plate ceed ?
It will only work if you already have UVO on your head unit. If you connect via a personal hotspot then I’m pretty sure it won’t work for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its good that its in the app notes, but most people don't go beyond the front page of the app to download and use it,

secondly in an ideal world nobody would forget to take their keys out of the car, but it happens, like with the car the app should warn you that your about to lock your keys in the car and ask if your sure you want to do it.......

Lack of signal just means the app times out on the request and does not lock the car, as you say its a back up, why would anyone in their right mind stand by the side of their car and take their phone out unlock it open the app to lock the car, but the one time life gets in the way and you walk away from the car with your keys inside, you could end up in a world of pain,

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Does this only work on new kias? Presume not on my 19 plate ceed ?

Hi

UVO was first launched for model year 2020 cars including the Niro family (if fitted with nav), Soul EV and some of the Ceed family (if fitted with nav). UVO would appear in the main menu of the touchscreen if the car has it.

KCS

·
Registered
Niro DL, 2020, UVO
80 Posts
Here in NL: KIA UVO deleted, KIA Connect installed, all is running without problems ... it looks like the old UVO, but what has changed now???

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
743 Posts
Why on earth would you ever leave your keys in the car?! :eek:

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
I note that the original thread has been locked without explanation, can I please ask why?

I was about to post (below) when I found the thread locked:

KCS @KevG57 does have a valid point and I feel that you are in danger of digging yourselves a big hole here by trying to justify the unjustifiable, also preaching to us about what we should and shouldn't be doing with our keys as if we are delinquent school children doesn't help either :rolleyes:

However, correct me if I am wrong KCS but I think what you may be trying to say is that IF you have locked your keys in the car AND IF your phone does not have a data connection for some reason you will not be able to unlock the car?

If this is the case I can probably live with this, arguably it might have been better that the car can't be locked remotely with the keys in it but equally you could argue that if you find that the car is unlocked having gone for a country walk and you are 30 minutes away it is better to be able to lock it and hope you have phone reception when you return than not be able to lock it because the keys are still in it. Neither scenario is perfect, although it might have been better to warn you that the keys are still in the car so you could make a value judgement but that's life.

KCS could you also please tell us, is this function is any different from the current UVO app and what changes, other than the logo, have been made to the app. I for one am happy with the current UVO app so wouldn't like to update to the new one only to find some functionality has been removed.

·
Registered
Niro DL, 2020, UVO
80 Posts
If you lock your car via KIA Connect, you get a response that it is done!

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
141 Posts
Ridiculous that it allows you to lock the fob inside the car, far better give a warning that the fob is still in the car! Pretty basic really, who programs this app for goodness sake.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
If you lock your car via KIA Connect, you get a response that it is done!
As it does with UVO
Ridiculous that it allows you to lock the fob inside the car, far better give a warning that the fob is still in the car! Pretty basic really, who programs this app for goodness sake.
Well this was the same with UVO and no one has raised a comment before.

I agree it would be best to give a warning but if this isn't possible I would prefer to be able to lock the car with the keys in it provided not being able to unlock it again is just a network issue

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi macgd016

We think only the sticky was meant to be locked and somehow the original thread has been locked as well. Perhaps the mods could reopen it and merge this so every visitor can see our original post first?

However, correct me if I am wrong KCS but I think what you may be trying to say is that IF you have locked your keys in the car AND IF your phone does not have a data connection for some reason you will not be able to unlock the car?
Yes, that's correct but even with a data connection, a remote instruction of any type might meet interference and cancel so the bottom line is that users should take the same precaution not to leave fobs in an app connected car as they would with a non-connected car.

Kia Connect changes include:

• New name (which is why a new app had to be registered), logo and typeface in line with recent Kia Account changes and ongoing transition to the 'Connect' name in all new cars.
  • Bug fixes.
  • First mile navigation enhancement.
  • Face ID for Android devices (only with supported devices).

KCS

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
Hi macgd016

We think only the sticky was meant to be locked and somehow the original thread has been locked as well. Perhaps the mods could reopen it and merge this so every visitor can see our original post first?

Yes, that's correct but even with a data connection, a remote instruction of any type might meet interference and cancel so the bottom line is that users should take the same precaution not to leave fobs in an app connected car as they would with a non-connected car.

Kia Connect changes include:

• New name (which is why a new app had to be registered), logo and typeface in line with recent Kia Account changes and ongoing transition to the 'Connect' name in all new cars.
  • Bug fixes.
  • First mile navigation enhancement.
  • Face ID for Android devices (only with supported devices).

KCS
Thanks for that KCS, personally I think that's fair as the interface probably isn't readily available to inform that the key is in the vehicle so I'm happy with it this way as I like the ability to lock the car remotely, I'm getting forgetful 🤣

Just out of interest, if the key is locked in the car will it unlock by touching the black button and if not will it unlock if you have the second fob?

·
Super Moderator
6,221 Posts
I note that the original thread has been locked without explanation, can I please ask why?

Apologies. Locked in error while making a sticky of just the KCS post.
So my fault & no other reason.
I have now merged both threads in to one... 🤦‍♂️

1 - 20 of 88 Posts