Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been using the new Kia connect app to check on various things, but charging schedules etc are set in the car, not on the App.
However, a few times I’ve plugged it in to the charger (with more than 50% charge in the battery) and gone to bed, only to wake in the morning to find it hasn’t charged!
Looking on the App, I find the % for schedule charging has dropped from 100% to 50%!
It used to happen with the UVO App as well.
It doesn’t do this every time, but enough times to p** me off.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts
I personally use a Zappi to charge the car. I don’t use any car settings other than ‘off’. Currently it’s being charged when the sun comes out, so not too much today. Overnight I use the Zappi settings to charge up for 4 hours at my cheap rate.

I haven’t yet used the car settings or the UVO app settings in the UK yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
So I’ve been using the new Kia connect app to check on various things, but charging schedules etc are set in the car, not on the App.
However, a few times I’ve plugged it in to the charger (with more than 50% charge in the battery) and gone to bed, only to wake in the morning to find it hasn’t charged!
Looking on the App, I find the % for schedule charging has dropped from 100% to 50%!
It used to happen with the UVO App as well.
It doesn’t do this every time, but enough times to p** me off.
Any ideas?
Has it dropped on the car? Rather than just the app.

Did you uninstall the old app before installing the new one?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has it dropped on the car? Rather than just the app.

Did you uninstall the old app before installing the new one?
Yes I uninstalled the UVO App before loading the new KIA Connect app.
last night it wouldn’t start charging as set in the car which had 65% charge, looked on the App and sure enough it showed charging % of 50%!!!
So at 12.45am I went out to the car, opened it, checked the scheduled charge was set at 100%, unplugged the cable and plugged it in again, locked the car, but still it didn’t start charging as scheduled.
Tried to start the charging via the remote section on the App, but it took many attempts to get it to work via remote charging? Eventually it did start and I was able to get to bed.
My personal opinion, is that the new App is just as unreliable as the old App, just a different colour. 😡

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.