Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting article here.

What a great idea that KIA have this system in place to facilitate installation of chargers at their customers homes. Hopefully (if it works out) the deal will be extended beyond two years; if it extends another ten years I might just be ready for an electric car!

Reactions: GarethR

·
Registered
Xceed phev
38 Posts
Interesting article here.

What a great idea that KIA have this system in place to facilitate installation of chargers at their customers homes. Hopefully (if it works out) the deal will be extended beyond two years; if it extends another ten years I might just be ready for an electric car!
It's a good move but I think Kia should improve on their battery tech. Not everyone has a drive way especially in large towns and cities so we rely on public chargers. A paltry 3.5kwh max requiring 2h45m to charge an 8Kwh battery is not acceptable. Some charge points will bill you by the min spent connected to their charger. Those are a no go.

·
Super Moderator
3,382 Posts
It's a good move but I think Kia should improve on their battery tech. Not everyone has a drive way especially in large towns and cities so we rely on public chargers. A paltry 3.5kwh max requiring 2h45m to charge an 8Kwh battery is not acceptable. Some charge points will bill you by the min spent connected to their charger. Those are a no go.
One thing to note on the charge rate.
Maybe Kia realised that using a higher charge rate is not good for the batteries. Note that all the manufactures that are having issues with PHEV's and have issued warnings NOT TO CHARGE the batteries, have a higher charging rate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts