Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I have just purchased a 2008 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDI with just over 16k on the clock. So far I'm loving the car, nice to drive, plenty of power (compared to my 1.3 Honda Jazz) and good (so far) fuel economy.

My question is - before buying I had Kia email me confirmation that the car would have the remainder of the manufacturer warranty (just over 4 years remaining). I got the car from Motorpoint (a car supermarket) and they weren't able to confirm either way.

Kia emailed me the details confirming expiration of the warranty in October 2015 so I went ahead and purchased the car having checked the dealer service history (first and second service done on schedule, third due this October).

Upon reading the manual I found some "Change of Ownership" forms and one of the fields asks for the dealer name and signature. I could attempt to get this but I'm wondering how important this is if I provide proof of purchase from the dealership.

Has anybody else who has purchased a second hand Kia actually completed this form and subsequently had any warranty work undertaken with no issues?

One final observation is that whilst the services were completed (by the original dealer - Perry's Kia in Preston) and stamped in the book, only the first anti-perforation check was stamped - the second one is missing...does this effectively invalidate this section of the warranty or could it simply be an oversight on behalf of the dealership and they've simply forgotten to stamp the book?

Looking forward to years of trouble-free motoring (after years of the total opposite) so just want to put my mind at ease on these points :)

Edited by: DJBenson

·
Registered
887 Posts
If the stamps missing maybe call the dealer who carried out the second year service and ask if they did it.
But if they didn't then this doesn't bode well for any future anti perf claim, however each claim is manually vetted by KIA themselves, so all is not lost.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi DJBenson,
I've never had any problems, when you take the car in for warranty work you are never asked for id or to prove you're the owner. I think you'll be ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What would happen if Kia needed to contact you regarding upgrades or factory recalls? I too have a second hand 2010 Kia that had only done 700 miles at time of purchase but never contacted Kia. However for the above reason i would like to.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Those things should be covered when you bring the car in for a service, they should check for any updates etc then. You can also check online about recalls etc, someone on here should be able to tell you the site address to go to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts