Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I bought a KIA Cerato about 5 months back its a 2005 model.. Car runs very nicely..

However when it rains heavy I get water coming over the front passgener kick plates and it goes onto the carpet..

I have got the local mechanic to check the door seal and the rubbers and they are fine..

Does anyone have any suggestions etc....

Any help would be great..

Thanks

Jamie..

·
Registered
662 Posts
remove the door panels and check the plastic liner is attached all round, the water runs down between the door glass and the door and then is splashed on to this plastic and if thats not sealed to the door it runs out the bottom of the trims

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have a cerato on loan at the moment for a couple of days.......i noticed exactly the same thing last night happening on it as it was raining......about a quarter way back from the front edge of the passenger door. Having said that, i am very impressed with the car, nice ride, quiet at speed, nippy, tidy handling .....dosent have the funkiness inside and out of my soul, but its nicer to drive and ride in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Isee from the international KIA owners sitethat Cerato (Spectra) owners in the USA have had this problem and it was due to a faulty sealat the door mirror. Edited by: numptie9

·
Registered
487 Posts
They are really prompt of taking care of any issues regarding our cars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts