Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with handbrake not holding on hills ? Handbook says 7-8 clicks but I'm getting 11-- How do I get to rectify this please .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Alan - Sorry I cant't help but if anyone else knows perhaps they can advise me too - I bought my 2006 model in Nov 2010 and its the same - nearly poking my passengers eye out! Also anyone have any info on the windscreen washer pump - after the freezing weather its not working - tried the fuses (which are not mentioned in the booklet) but to no avail - Anyone any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys
had same problem with my 2005 2.0L SE saloon
had to have rear passanger side brake cylinder replaced
had original reconditioned through kia dealer, saved £100 on new one.

also, have you had any squeeking noise from rear suspension, mine comes and goes,looked on different forum sites and seems it could be bushes drying out,advised spray lubricating all which seems to last upto 6months
depending on weather conditions

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not sure if your setup is similar to the Carens.

My hb was the same, just pulled right up.

I slackened all the adjustment off the cable at the handbrake lever. Pumped the footbrake a dozen times which reset the adjusters on the back brakes. Adjusted the cable back up at the handbrake lever and it now comes up between 3 and 4 clicks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi There I had similar problem with my Cerato 57 Reg.
I looked up the Kiatech web site and got a diagramme showing how to adjust the H/brake.
You have to remove the small plastic cover just in front of the H/brake lever. Under this are the screws that enables you to adjust the cable. Hope this helps!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there I had the same fault. You will find that you need to buy a new pump The very light pump motor burns out very easy That's what happened to mine. It very easy to remove and replace by yourself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts