Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I own a Kia ceed 57 plate ls with 41,000 on the clock and love the car to bits. Just to give an heads up on warranty work I've had done. I've had both front window seals replaced due to the rubbers starting to fold in on the drivers side window. The front drop links have been replaced due to the car sounding like it was going to fall apart when going over our lovely smooth roads in the uk. Both front rubber door seals have been replaced due to splitting. These are all known issues on the Kia ceed so just an heads up to everyone. I have to say the warranty does pay for itself in these circumstances and the local dealer has been fantastic in sorting out all the issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi

New to this very informative site. I own a Kia Ceed 2010 1.6 Diesel eco dynamics, just 3 years old with 24,900 on the clock. The ceed has generally been fine, but the aftersales service from Kia dealers has been shameful from day 1. Like twister1970 the front drivers door seal has just spilt, the rest appears to be perished.

Took it to a Kia dealer today, they said it was wear and tear from getting in and out of the car through the door way! They said this wasn't a known problem and doubted it would be covered by warranty, it was after my insistence he agreed to put it to Kia.

Obviously I'm wondering why all the other cars I've owned and company vehicles I've driven have never had spilt or perished door seals?

I'm also wondering if there is a particular technique for getting into and out of a Kia Ceed?

I will wait and see if Kia surprise me and agree to replacemet seals, like twister1970.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Interesting, sometimes people can have an effect on door seals, as some people can without realising, brush the door seals.


But if you are sure you are not rubbing the door seal then, i would say to demonstrate how you get in and out of the car.



Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
My experience of Kia dealers during the purchase process and subsequent enquiries when the car was due for its first services falls into two categories, excellent and pretty poor.

The excellent is the dealer we bought from, the couple of items of warranty work have been completed quickly with no argument and the services have been done the the Kia specification for a fair price with the car always returned cleaned. The dealer is a family owned independent who only has one garage and sells only Kia, his livelihood depends on it

The pretty poor is the other local dealers we have spoken to. They are all Kia and AN Other brands and appear to offer customer service to the standard expected of the poorest brand and that is before they get your money, god help anyone after they have banked the cheque. One services Kia's to Fords schedule and openly admits it.

Most of these dealerships took on a Kia franchise during scrapage when Kias were falling out of the showroom and money was easy to make. But its clear they have no interest now in providing a quality service for Kia cars. Kia themselves need to get rid of these rubbish dealers before they damage the brand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Sport Wagon said:
My experience of Kia dealers during the purchase process and subsequent enquiries when the car was due for its first services falls into two categories, excellent and pretty poor.

The excellent is the dealer we bought from, the couple of items of warranty work have been completed quickly with no argument and the services have been done the the Kia specification for a fair price with the car always returned cleaned. The dealer is a family owned independent who only has one garage and sells only Kia, his livelihood depends on it

The pretty poor is the other local dealers we have spoken to. They are all Kia and AN Other brands and appear to offer customer service to the standard expected of the poorest brand and that is before they get your money, god help anyone after they have banked the cheque. One services Kia's to Fords schedule and openly admits it.

Most of these dealerships took on a Kia franchise during scrapage when Kias were falling out of the showroom and money was easy to make. But its clear they have no interest now in providing a quality service for Kia cars. Kia themselves need to get rid of these rubbish dealers before they damage the brand.
And what's the issue with Fords Shedule ?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Panman40 said:
And what's the issue with Fords Shedule ?.

Nothing if you own a Ford.

But the list of items is very different to a Kia Schedule, for starters Ford is small, small, big, small, small, big etc. whereas Kia is small, big, small, big etc. If you have warranty issues and Kia ask to see the invoice and details of work carried out it is pretty likely they would dispute the claim and you would be taking the Ford dealer to court to pay for the work. Biggest potential problem was the Ford/Kia dealer we contacted used ordinary Ford spec oil in all their services and this is well below the C3 spec used by Kia in their DPF diesel cars. Incorrect oil in DPF diesels will shorten the DPFs life and at over £1000 to replace and no warranty since the wrong oil was used it would be take the Ford dealer to court time again.


As I said, Kia should get rid of these rubbish dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Further to my post on 12 Sept 2013, when my Ceed had been
looked at by Leslies Motor Group on Isle of Wight,
they took photo and assured me they would contact Kia Warranty department.
Found out today that they had not bothered to do anything about it, shouldn't
be a surprise based on my previous experience with other Kia dealers.



In answer to one post, my Ceed has done 23,000 miles as normal personal
transport, it shouldn't matter how a person gets in and out of the car, the car
should be fit for purpose and expected that a driver would want to get in and
out the door.



Vehicles in my line of work with 100,000/200,000 miles +, of medical emergency
work do not have door rubbers splitting. These are multiple user vehicles of
various makes (not Kia), with people getting in and out of these paramedic
vehicles with anoraks, stab vests, utility belts, medical packs, etc, etc. They
don't have to think about how to get in and out of a vehicle and door rubbers
aren't modified in any way, they are just expected to do their job as they will get rubbed against.



The intention was to keep my Kia for several years, but in view of the
fragility of the vehicles and the appalling dealerships, we will be looking
elsewhere after thorough research.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Further to my post this morning, Leslies Motor Group on Isle of Wight have admitted that they did nothing, but have now confirmed that it is a warranty issue and can be replaced. As I am no longer on holiday on the Isle of Wight, I asked the Kia Customer Service department if this could be transferred to a dealer local to me. They gave me conflicting information and I have had to chase them up several times today when they didn't phone back as promised.

Their customer service manager has now told me that I have repeatedly been given the wrong advice today, he now tells me that it will have to go into a dealer again for inspection and be agreed yet again. He will now email me tomorrow as arranging to replace a simple door seal appears to take Kia more than a day. I have even offered to replace it myself, this has also been refused.

Why do Kia think it's such a good idea to wind their customers up? What a waste of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
rossaa said:
Further to my post this morning, Leslies Motor Group on Isle of Wight have admitted that they did nothing, but have now confirmed that it is a warranty issue and can be replaced. As I am no longer on holiday on the Isle of Wight, I asked the Kia Customer Service department if this could be transferred to a dealer local to me. They gave me conflicting information and I have had to chase them up several times today when they didn't phone back as promised.

Their customer service manager has now told me that I have repeatedly been given the wrong advice today, he now tells me that it will have to go into a dealer again for inspection and be agreed yet again. He will now email me tomorrow as arranging to replace a simple door seal appears to take Kia more than a day. I have even offered to replace it myself, this has also been refused.

Why do Kia think it's such a good idea to wind their customers up? What a waste of time.
Not good! Hope you finally get this sorted, mate.... It does seem like a completely disorganised mess...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Its not just Kia. I bought a new Seat in June. Car is fault free but the dealer cocked up the service book by putting the wrong reg number in it (but correct VIN) and the wrong PDI date (before the car was made and in the UK). He did not reset the service indicator on the dash either, its still set on the date of manufacture not registration. Dealer said that the car needed servicing 12 months after the PDI then changed his mind to 12 months after delivery/registration date. Contacted customer services since I wanted it in black and white. First they said it was 12 months after PDI then changed to 12 months after delivery/registration and finally put it in writing but not before the advisor became abusive (he did ring back the next day and apologised).

Complained to Customer care manager about poor/conflicting info and attitude of CC Assistant. Got a £200 voucher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Rubber is a Perrishable item and does not get covered by warranty, it can be covered if the warranty compnay says so they have the final say on these matters! not the customer or the dealer, i have had window rubbers replaced under warranty where the dorr catches the rubber and pinches it but if the seal is worn out by the owner this is not the cars fault or the manufactures fault, if your having issues with your dealer go to another one there are 171 in the UK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
We've had the front anti roll bar bushes replaced, the rear screen re-sealed and the fuel tank straps replaced. Was done efficiently and within a week of asking, and they gave us a courtesy car. Very pleased, and as has been says, makes the warranty worthwhile.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Sport Wagon said:
Its not just Kia. I bought a new Seat in June. Car is fault free but the dealer cocked up the service book by putting the wrong reg number in it (but correct VIN) and the wrong PDI date (before the car was made and in the UK). He did not reset the service indicator on the dash either, its still set on the date of manufacture not registration. Dealer said that the car needed servicing 12 months after the PDI then changed his mind to 12 months after delivery/registration date. Contacted customer services since I wanted it in black and white. First they said it was 12 months after PDI then changed to 12 months after delivery/registration and finally put it in writing but not before the advisor became abusive (he did ring back the next day and apologised).

Complained to Customer care manager about poor/conflicting info and attitude of CC Assistant. Got a £200 voucher.
Part of the reason I no longer have a Seat was the very poor attitude from Seat Customer Services and a local dealer that really couldn't care less (which was a shame as they used to be great). I sincerely hope your Seat remains trouble-free as unless it's a totally cut-and-dry warranty issue I found that Seat would use any excuse to try to wriggle out of warranty work. I did win most of my warranty claims (2 out of 3) but to be honest it's disheartening to be made to feel you are trying to defraud Seat every time you tried to claim under warranty and have to get into a long-winded series of emails/phonecalls before you resolve anything. Guilty until proved innocent seemed to be their approach to me!

Never got a voucher just a mumbled apology once! Hat off to you SW!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
BaldyDave said:
Part of the reason I no longer have a Seat was the very poor attitude from Seat Customer Services and a local dealer that really couldn't care less

Over the years we have owned many brands and each has left us pretty much unhappy with dealer service.

Ford: The 3 we had between 1999 and 2010 were totally reliable but in that time we had 3 small warranty issues that all resulted in a lengthy discussion about if it was or not covered, standard answer was always "its trim and trim is only covered for one year". Got all 3 items sorted but I will always remember the trouble we had getting them sorted - they were all tiny issues.

Nissan: Had 2 in the past 20 years, again totally reliable with not even a warranty moan so when dad needed a new car we went back to the same dealer who sorted us a cracking deal. But he lied to us and then lied to the dealer principal. Won that one but will never go to that dealer again.

VW: Had 4 between 1986 and 2002, again totally reliable. Wife had accident, car taken to dealer who made a nice job of repair but when I pointed out that the aerial was loose I was accused by the body shop manager in a full showroom of breaking the aerial myself. After the intervention of one of the directors the car was sorted but will never go there again.

Mini: Sales girl at supplying dealer lied and then went on holiday leaving an unholy mess when we went to collect the car. Used another dealer who could not even sort a small oil leak. 3rd dealer was really good and we eventually bought a BMW from him.

BMW: Dealer was great for the first 3 years and 364 days then tried to rob me when the car went in for a service. Agreed work, agreed price at 9.00 am but when I went to collect car they had unilaterally altered the paperwork. Got the work done for price agreed but I will never darken their doors again.

Seat: Just need to find a dealer I can trust. No way I am going back to the place I bought it from. There are 3 within 16 miles so should not be that difficult.

Kia: So far services have been done with no issues and the small paint defect and broken aircon have been sorted quickly with no argument.

Basically Seat have not got to be that great to keep me happy, just service it and fix it (if necessary) and I could well consider another. But as I said I will not be visiting the supplying dealer again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Further to my previous posts, my door seal was replaced under warranty yesterday, this is a known problem, with poor quality materials used originally. Kia Customer Service authorised the repair in October 2013, but the problem has been getting a Kia Dealer willing to carry it out.

West End Kia near Woking, kept telling Kia Customer Service they would do it, but every time I got through on the phone to book it in they hung up the phone, very unprofessional and quite childish. Apparently this was because when I purchased the car in 2010 from them I had complained as they hadn't supplied the hundreds of £'s of extras that they were happy to sell me and eventually Kia HQ had to supply and fit to my brand new car.

Eventually we found West London Kia at High Wycombe who replaced the door seal and told me about a recall issue with the fuel tank which they dealt with at the same time. Very professional and pleasant to deal with, so will probably deal with them in future.

However its a shame when other dealers can't behave professionally, particularly when we are looking for other cars for my business!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
Strange how businesses change over time. When West End of Bisley were a Nissan dealership, they were great for services and warranty work on my Bluebird (I used to live "darn sarf"). Old management goes, and new blood do not run it for customer's benefit, but purely for profit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
when you have a car you have to build up a relationship with your local dealer, that way you get the best service usually, manufacturers cover parts and the labout to fit them if they have a manufacturing defect, they do not usually cover wear and tear items, if they do it is on good will basis,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi there I own a Kia ceed 57 plate ls with 41,000 on the clock and love the car to bits. Just to give an heads up on warranty work I've had done. I've had both front window seals replaced due to the rubbers starting to fold in on the drivers side window. The front drop links have been replaced due to the car sounding like it was going to fall apart when going over our lovely smooth roads in the uk. Both front rubber door seals have been replaced due to splitting. These are all known issues on the Kia ceed so just an heads up to everyone. I have to say the warranty does pay for itself in these circumstances and the local dealer has been fantastic in sorting out all the issues.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top