Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading lot of reviews about KIA Cee'd SW and making the test drive I am very interested in that car and think that going to buy it soon.

However, my wish was to buy a car with automatic gearbox, but the dealer is not able to supply any test cars with automatic transmission so I can't try this out before buying (and waiting 2 months). I made a test drive with manual transmission (which was OK), but if I want to try the automatic one, the only option is to buy a car.

I have tried to find any comments about the performance of automatic transmission of KIA Ceed from Internet, but it seems that most of the reviews cover only manual gearbox.

In case anyone of you has KIA Ceed with automatic gearbox, please talk about your impressions in few words. Is it convenient to use and works smoothly? As it is 4-gear-only, isn't it too loudy? Would you preder manual gearbox instead?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Sulev and welcome, check out the reviews on the American market as they tend to go for auto's more over there.
The auto on my Sportage is very goodnow that the engine has done 10 k miles, I think if the dealer had a model with auto, it would notjustify itself unless the car had done a few thousand miles.

Would have throught the dealer could have check to see if any other KIAdealer had a second hand one you could have tried out?

But if you are like me, I will never entertain buying old fashioned manual engineering technology!!!

Bob

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kia passa the problem is Sulev wants to know what the automatic box is like on a Kia Cee'd not a Sportage or those fitted to cars in the American market where the Kia Cee'd is not sold.

There is a little information posted on another forum for Kia and those who have Cee'd automatics generally with the diesel engine are quite pleased with them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sorry Eric, I thought after 7 hours I would reply to Sulev and at least welcome them and give them some info about KIA auto's, shame CEED's owners had not replyed.
I still think the auto is the way to go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Sulev. I have a Kia Ceed 1.6CRDI Estate Auto and it's superb. Very smooth and responsive.
I wouldnevr go back to a manual, especially with a diesel as you are forever having to change gear because of the narrow rev range.

Auto does not change up to 4th gear until 40 mph so economy round town is not as good as you might expect but it still returns average of around 42 mpg. Does around 54 mpg on a long run.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 2008 Cee'd hatch diesel auto LS. Bought second hand a couple of months ago. Delighted with the auto gearbox very smooth and responsive. Four speed, with fourth engaged about 40mph. Fuel consumption 45 mpg on average with up to 50mpg on a jouney with steady speeds around 65mph. Works well too wth the cruise control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts