Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I've got a 2015 Kia Ceed Sports Wagon 1.6 diesel CRDi 2 with 58000 and full service history currently on trial for 14 days with a view to purchase.Anyone able to advise me on the below points please?

First of all are they reliable and a good alternative to my other choice which was a Skoda Octavia Estate of same year with slightly better spec but with 11000 more miles and £1100 more.

Mpg of Ceed driven softly only early forties is that what to expect?
Thought it might be capable of more especially when mainly motorway driving.

Do I need to have it serviced at a Kia main dealer for the the life of the warranty as last service was done by Peugeot main dealer who took it in as a px .Would this make the warranty invalid?

Been told by the dealer that supplied it to me that it has 13months Kia warranty left PLUS an additional 1 year as it was sold as a used approved Kia vehicle.Are both these transferable to me ?

Doesn't have Dab radio is there way of getting round this (maybe replace the whole unit if cost is viable?)

Had it checked out by an independent garage and he said all looks good but he did notice more corrosion underneath than he would expect for its age.He asked me if it came from the coast.Is this normal with a Kia Ceed and would it be wise to wax oil it or would that affect the warranty?

Many thanks to anyone who is able to help

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
704 Posts
Hi Donny, welcome to the forum!

The balance of the 7 year KIA warranty is transferable to you. If the dealer doesn't do this for you, you can do it yourself by either contacting KIA UK via the mykia app, through your local KIA dealer or even by PM to KIA Customer Support on this very forum.

I think I read it right that you bought it from the Peugeot dealer that carried out that last service. I'd say so long as they used KIA approved parts and fluids, and you get a proper itemised worksheet to that effect, KIA will not be able to quibble. Should you end-up buying it, you would not have to have it serviced by a KIA dealer, but gain, you'd need to make sure you use acceptable bits and bobs, and get receipts and/or worksheets. To be honest, it will be out of warranty next year, so I'd stick it in to KIA to avoid any sort of possible grief with the warranty.

I can't comment on the diesel engine (hopefully someone will be able to if I bump this post) but I don't read a lot of problems with either it, of the JD Ceed in general. No idea about the radio TBH; I don't think any JD Ceeds had digital radio (stand to be corrected) so it may be aftermarket you'll need.

Finally, I can't see adding Waxoyl (there are better products available!) will invalidate you warranty, but it might be worth checking with a KIA dealer should you buy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had my 2015 "65" CRDi 2 hatchback for just over 2 years and it has been very reliable in the fact that it gets me to work every day with out issue... but then I expect a ca rof that ago not to. I had some washer jet issues that cost about £130 to sort but other than that I have replaced 4 tyres and brake pads all round. It has been averagely cheap to run as I do dealer service it at £300 a service. High mpg and £0 annual road tax offsets some of the service cost.

I have had both front DRL's repaired a common fault.

I drive my car on motorway 80% of the week and range from 52-58mpg depending on season and journey type. As that is a trip computer figure I see that as minimum of 50mpg real world. An estate for me would have a 5 mpg penalty being heavier and less aerodynamic. Yours could do better, check the tyres are ok and correct pressure, check brakes for binding etc, drive more economically.

No you don't have to have serviced at Kia as long as they use proper parts and as others have said a "paper trail" of parts used and numbers. I do service at Kia for peace of mind... but I wont when the warranty has expired.

I registered my car over the phone with Kia when having a warranty repaired on the DRL, I assume it is registered to ever uses the car.

My car has a DAB radio. I don't really use the radio that much, I stream all music from my phone via Bluetooth. On the odd occasion I have used DAB I have found it ok but long winded to use and sounds just like FM. I wouldn't pay money to get DSB in any form where standard FM is fine and will never go away in your lifetime.

I'm interested in spending money to get the underside steam cleaned and sealed on mine as i too have visible surface rust and want to prolong its life (once had a rusted and broken subframe on an Audi 100 which caused the engine to sag down and shunt all over the engine bay) but will wait until the warranty is complete. I forsee issues with this and reason to reject a claim . That said I cant see anything under the car that could be claimed for in a warranty as I guess most of the stuff on the underside would be classed as wear items. Underside rust is normal for any car unless it is a show car that is transported everywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had my 2015 "65" CRDi 2 hatchback for just over 2 years and it has been very reliable in the fact that it gets me to work every day with out issue... but then I expect a ca rof that ago not to. I had some washer jet issues that cost about £130 to sort but other than that I have replaced 4 tyres and brake pads all round. It has been averagely cheap to run as I do dealer service it at £300 a service. High mpg and £0 annual road tax offsets some of the service cost.

I drive my car on motorway 80% of the week and range from 52-58mpg depending on season and journey type. As that is a trip computer figure I see that as minimum of 50mpg real world. An estate for me would have a 5 mpg penalty being heavier and less aerodynamic. Yours could do better, check the tyres are ok and correct pressure, check brakes for binding etc, drive more economically.

No you don't have to have serviced at Kia as long as they use proper parts and as others have said a "paper trail" of parts used and numbers. I do service at Kia for peace of mind... but I wont when the warranty has expired.

I registered my car over the phone with Kia when having a warranty repaired on the DRL, I assume it is registered to ever uses the car.

My car has a DAB radio. I don't really use the radio that much, I stream all music from my phone via Bluetooth. On the odd occasion I have used DAB I have found it ok but long winded to use and sounds just like FM. I wouldn't pay money to get DSB in any form where standard FM is fine and will never go away in your lifetime.

I'm interested in spending money to get the underside steam cleaned and sealed on mine as i too have visible surface rust and want to prolong its life (once had a rusted and broken subframe on an Audi 100 which caused the engine to sag down and shunt all over the engine bay) but will wait until the warranty is complete. I forsee issues with this and reason to reject a claim . That said I cant see anything under the car that could be claimed for in a warranty as I guess most of the stuff on the underside would be classed as wear items. Underside rust is normal for any car unless it is a show car that is transported everywhere.
Thanks for your help much appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for your help wanted a DAB radio as the channesl I listen to are not available on FM

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had a ceed S/W since new 2016. Currently 58000miles. It has given me no trouble at all. My driving mainly is a mix of short local travel up to 5 miles and motorways. It turns in 54mpg. On very short journeys only, which lockdown imposed, it was more like 45mpg. I would have had another one if Kia had only left it alone but I don’t want a longer, wider and lower car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts