Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I wondering can some of you please confirm when is my first service dueto. Ive got leased kia ceed sportswagon 1.6 diesel PHEW, accodring to the service book first service is due at 20000 miles or first 12 months, however when I call KIA dealership they advised me My first service at 10000 miles or 12 months which come first. So im confused, currently the car is 7 months with 9000 miles, can someone can confirm when i need to do my first service?

·
Registered
Kia ceed 1.6crdi 3 DCT
38 Posts
my dealer also insists the service interval is 10k they even set the service indicator at 10k when Kia and the service schedule clearly state 20k . when i queried it at the dealers and on here i got some strange answers justifying why they say 10k !
i emailed KIa and they said i need to press my dealer on why they are insisting it is 10k ???

·
Registered
Kia ceed 1.6crdi 3 DCT
38 Posts
Hello people, I wondering can some of you please confirm when is my first service dueto. Ive got leased kia ceed sportswagon 1.6 diesel PHEW, accodring to the service book first service is due at 20000 miles or first 12 months, however when I call KIA dealership they advised me My first service at 10000 miles or 12 months which come first. So im confused, currently the car is 7 months with 9000 miles, can someone can confirm when i need to do my first service?
if i were you i would query with the service manager or email Kia as i did . i have a letter from KIa stating that my service interval is 20k.

·
Registered
Kia ceed 1.6crdi 3 DCT
38 Posts
i have to say that according to the service sheet it does look like your car is 10k !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Service books are pretty generic & may not have the correct details for your car.

Go by dealer & service link above. Last thing you want is a warranty claim declined due to missed service.
Yes you probably right not going to risk will do 10000 miles then. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
The problem is that my car is 20k interval but the service department insists it is 10k.
Service link shows as 20K or 12 months whichever is 1st for yours. Given it's a (2015) 2010+ diesel.

·
Registered
Ceed Diesel Sportswagon MHEV
34 Posts
Hi guys,

Service is 10K intervals, where they do level checks and bits at 10K, and the oil change at 20K.

4th service on my year old car due in just over 1500 miles, as car reading 39500 on odometer ... :eek:

·
Registered
Ceed Diesel Sportswagon MHEV
34 Posts
this is not what it says in the service schedule , why don't they make it clearer ? 10k service intervals is not good for a diesel !
Its just a fluids level check, tyres and stuff to keep the warranty on track as far as I can tell...

I feel that 20k between oil changes is way too much, and would be happier with it being changed at 10K, but at the end of the day, its not my car and just following what I am being told.
The wife's Mini D gets changed every 10, even though its supposed to be 15 and my Golf GTTDi gets a change at 10 also...Never had an issue, and both cars are now showing 140k+ on the clocks ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts