Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking to purchase a 2021 Ceed Sportswagon 3 (1.5 petrol engine) but would really want a spare wheel even if it is a spacesaver rather than just the kit. Is there one available or a third party company that will supply a suitable one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hi. Thanks. I did have a look at them but wanted to make sure it would fit and there be space in the boot so ideally a Kia one
If it is anything like my Sportage it will be model specific. I have the 48V mild hybrid, the wheel well is covered by the battery, so even though the well is there it can't be used for a spare wheel. I believe on the petrol Sportage can still accommodate a spare wheel.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hi BODIMEAM

There is a space saver wheel available although not listed in the accessories catalogue. The code is CDSW18 and your dealer's parts team can order through screen DS013 so we recommend quoting this to them.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi BODIMEAM

There is a space saver wheel available although not listed in the accessories catalogue. The code is CDSW18 and your dealer's parts team can order through screen DS013 so we recommend quoting this to them.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed
Great - thanks for the info

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi BODIMEAM

There is a space saver wheel available although not listed in the accessories catalogue.
Just make sure the wheel actually includes the tyre, fixing bolt and tool kit.

When I bought a Seat Leon there was no option to order a space saver at the time. The dealer quoted me just over £200 as an accessory so ordered it. When it arrived it was just the wheel. He wanted another £250 for the bolt, tyre and tool kit, total £450.

Went onto the web, think it was Oponeo tyres. Bought a steel wheel with tyre (not a space saver, what they classed as "temp" since although it was a proper tyre it was a different size (correct diameter - way better than a space saver) for £70 delivered, a jack form Halfords for about £15, a socket wrench out of the garage did the job of the wheel brace and a local engineering shop provided the bits to make a hold down bolt (used the wheel brace to tighten down) for a few pounds, all in less than £90. On that car it fitted under the floor with no boot instrusion despite being wider than a bike tyre.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts